What is/was YOUR NickName?

My younger sister's name is Colleen.

When I was tiny, I couldn't say Colleen. So I said Keena.

Now that we are decades older, my baby sister is still Keena to me, my Mum, and my Grandmum.

But sis hates it. So we call her Colleen to her face and Keena behind her back ;)

Edgar - because I was the mascot of my school when I was in high school - lovingly named "Edgar". But I didn't mind because Edgar Martinez was/is my favorite baseball player of all time - Go Mariners!
Aw-ju-wah - I went to Bulgaria when I was 20 and the folks there could not say my name - it stuck....
Awddy - My younger cousins couldn't say my name either and the family thought this was catchy.

Growing up it was Tita, HS : cyncyn and cyn still used now, college : cyn-la-rouge (cyn the red, bc of red hair)
college in USA : Petit Chou (they found that in a magazine on how to pick up french girls) also "crazy french fox" (?) and work friends now : cynnie

• My cousin could not say my name so she used to say Deedin.
  • My uncle has always called me Caity.
  • For a while, my younger brother called me Cait.
  • Whenever I ordered food and had to give my name, I would always give Cat. Otherwise, they'd call any name BUT Caitlin - Katherine,Christine - there was a risk I wouldn't get my food.
  • During my holiday job, the manager of a department I was covering would, for some reason, call me Christine. He said he remembered Christine, not Caitlin. I finally told him to call me Cat and he called me that while I was working there.

i got quite a few "cutesy" ones from the fam when i was little ..
..but the one that always stuck and i get called more than my real name is danyellie. i know nicknames are supposed to "shorten" your name, but it actually makes mine longer, haha! (if u didn't guess, my first name is danielle) ..
.. when it comes to friends, it's usually "d" .. so that one is kinda the extreme of my fam's nn for me ..

i always HATED dani though! lol .. so thank god that one never stuck when people tried it! :smile:

My name is Diana so I got called "Di" all the time...and "princess Di". My college friends called me this all the time but no one does now except my brothers occasionally.

My name is Diana too!! :yes: So, my main nickname is "Di" too!!! And I also am called "Princess Di" by certain friends. :P

My sister & nieces call me "Di-Di" or "Aunt Di-Di".... and DH calls me "BUBBLES"!!! Hence the tPF nickname!! ;) I believe he calls me Bubbles, because I'm very bouncy... and giggle alot. :roflmfao:

When i was really little my family would call me Goldilocks. When I was a bit older, I was the only one of my friends with a job so they would call me G-Money. lol. This is not the case anymore though LOL

My name is Annabelle so lots of people call me Annie.

My dad calls me "Mona" (which is monkey in spanish but in colombia its a slang term for girls that are fair skinned)

My maternal grandmother calls me "tulis" no idea what it means lol

Yep...people called me "knee-cap". Because "ni" being the last syllable of my first name and "kap" being the first syllable of my last name....and the fact of me being very boney and have protruding knee-caps. lol

My mum would call me "princess" all the time lol and my dad "shorty". One of my close friends calls me Puff lol she claims I remind her of Mrs Puff from SpongeBob.