What is this pedicure called?

I did a black/white french pedicure a couple of weeks ago. I loved it. Sorry no pics. On a side note, OPI has a new ad campaign showing the look on the hands. They use Black Onyx and Alpine Snow. They call it "femme fatale". I saw it in the August W magazine.

I am not a fan of this look but I don't think black toe nails look attractive. The Chanel black nair color is the only one my sister now uses for her toes and I have to say UGH to it. I have seen the black with white tips on finger nails and they kind of creep me out. But everyone has their own opinion and hopefully those of us who say we don't like something will not keep getting bashed. I do think the black pedicure will a killer pair of high heels will look great. I just wonder if the upkeep on it will be hard---like in a week is your pedicure ruined???

Not bad! Not sure if I can pull it off though...

attachment.php

I LOVE it! They just do the base coat in whatever color you like, then paint on the white tip, and then do a topcoat, I presume. The place I've been going to lately has a different method, though, that I don't know would work with the dark colors. They do a slapdash stripe of the white tip and then they take a big, soft brush, dip it in nailpolish remover, and then use that in an arc-like motion to wipe off the excess. Then they do the topcoat in clear or very translucent pink. I was totally dumbstruck the first time I saw this, but it makes for the cleanest, neatest "smile" of white I've ever seen. (Too bad it only lasts for like... a day.)