What is this GORGEOUS lipstick??!

like all of you i am completely obsessed with this color so I made a trip to Sephora yesterday and tried all of the shades mentioned and in my opinion this is Praline Delight, the other colors were much darker and more brown instead of taupe.

OK, it looks like we aren't 100% sure yet! :smile: Thanks for posting, Eis2484. To continue our fun before we have more opinions based on real-life viewing, I have more images. Firstly is the original, again, to remind us - THIS is the one we want:

275633713_24008c918a8a.png

The following are all Praline Delight:

d53a37046d8b5b33_DSCF3521xxlarge.jpg

4fe44857635aceca_DSCF3516xxlarge.jpg

Clipboard01.jpg

The following are all Sensual Silk:

(on the right):
IMG_4443.jpg

PB240034.jpg

images123e23e.jpg

I am stuck on whether or not the pink in the original (doesnt seem very pink at all, but I think there is SOME pink in there???) is the pink in Sensual Silk, which in some pics seems to be definitely a little pink. Praline Delight, to my eye, is definitely the less pink of the 2, I'm not sure it has any pink at all.

Eis2484, you said all the shades that werent Praline Delight were too brown/taupe - did you see any pink in Sensual Silk? Again, you can never be sure based on computer images, so would love to hear from people who have seen these shades irl.

I will be so happy when we can be sure!!! But in the meantime, the hunt is fun. :biggrin:

creditcardfire - the pics of Praline Delight that are posted are not at all what it looks like in person which i think might be the problem haha. Just from when i had it on myself, it's a very very nude beige, almost not visible. I think the pinkness in the original picture is maybe just from natural pigmentation of her lips, I know i have very pink lips naturally and sometimes the shade has a different appearance. I was thinking about purchasing Sensual Silk so if I do end up seeing it in store I will do a swatch test for you ladies.

^i agree it depends on your original lip color to know what a lipstick will look like on you yourself. on me, sensual silk doesn't look as pink as it does in those later pictures you posted but it looks more like the picture in the first post

They're both absolutely gorgeous colours!

Wondering if the girl in the original photo could have a bit of concealer/primer on her lips? Seems plausible to me, and would make it possible to be sweet honey.

Hey, so, I got Sensual Silk. I think it probably IS what's in the original photo, but it doesn't look the same way on my lips - it looks darker and a lot more neutral (in the photo it looks to have some pink in it, to my eye...). Are there any YSL lippies in this formula that are nude but *lighter* than Sensual Silk?

I'm actually pretty happy with it, tho, because it happens to look fine on me, even somewhat good, and I can usually never find a nude that doesn't wash me out. The neutrality works for me.

So overall, despite the fact that this doesn't look very much like it does in that photo, I actually have ended up really liking it apart from that, simply because it's a nude and it works for me. The texture is very nice, almost like gloss, and it has a very faint melon-y scent.

creditcardfire said:
Hey, so, I got Sensual Silk. I think it probably IS what's in the original photo, but it doesn't look the same way on my lips - it looks darker and a lot more neutral (in the photo it looks to have some pink in it, to my eye...). Are there any YSL lippies in this formula that are nude but *lighter* than Sensual Silk?

I'm actually pretty happy with it, tho, because it happens to look fine on me, even somewhat good, and I can usually never find a nude that doesn't wash me out. The neutrality works for me.

So overall, despite the fact that this doesn't look very much like it does in that photo, I actually have ended up really liking it apart from that, simply because it's a nude and it works for me. The texture is very nice, almost like gloss, and it has a very faint melon-y scent.

Thanks for the update! Can you please post pics of you wearing it? TIA :smile:

Now I need a good dupe of this color. The color states sweet honey on the blog. A commenter from that blog states: it's rouge volupte 4..... aka sweet honey
discontinued in EU and probably US soon.