what is this chloe bag?

i know this is probably hopeless, but heres some more pics of the tag, there is texture to it and the letters in chloe are raised up... really appreciate it guys!!! thanks for the help!

1183691230_l.jpg

1183690866_l.jpg

Since no one has ever seen this style before, we are just giving our opinions based on what we know of other Chloes. If we had a genuine one in this style with which to compare, we could be more definite. But without more *independent* information other than this bag, no one can claim authenticity or otherwise. It is an impossible and unreasonable expectation!

yep, but the straps and finishing and detailing indicate to me that it is NOT a Chloe bag, I have never seen this style of Chloe and am pretty obsessed myself :biggrin:

can the person you bought it from tell you exactly when and where they purchased it from Sarah?

Since no one has ever seen this style before, we are just giving our opinions based on what we know of other Chloes. If we had a genuine one in this style with which to compare, we could be more definite. But without more *independent* information other than this bag, no one can claim authenticity or otherwise. It is an impossible and unreasonable expectation!

My earlier post was to voice my frustration: it seems that Sarah/Emilia wants us to say it is authentic, but everyone else says it is not based on our experience with other Chloes. I was just pointing out that to expect us to confirm it is indeed authentic is unreasonable.

My earlier post was to voice my frustration: it seems that Sarah/Emilia wants us to say it is authentic, but everyone else says it is not based on our experience with other Chloes. I was just pointing out that to expect us to confirm it is indeed authentic is unreasonable.
I totally agree. IMO this bag is NOT authentic. I'm sorry if Sarah or Emilia purchased this bag... :sad: It was just their bad luck and hopefully next time they will find one they love that's authentic.

:wtf: What is going on here? Everything is wrong on so many levels. From the bag to the fact that the thread was started by Sarah naomi and then Emilia has taken over and posted more pictures of the bag under question...

Yeah regardless I agree ggk84 --- so wrong! Apparently "they" own the bag ..... can't find out - have asked twice ...... (or where it came from)
I think this thread should be closed.

Ok heres the deal, everyone is so curious!

We (me and my sister helped when i was working) started this post when I saw an ad on craigslist for the bag, because i am not familiar with chloe bags, more of a louis girl. I got alot of posts as to it being a fake, but most were based on the fact that no one knows what the style even is. I went ahead and bought it, because the girl who had it was coming down to my part of town, and upon looking at it, it looked alot better than in the pics i had recieved. i knew someone was going to buy it so i snatched it up. the leather smells so great, the metal is all very heavy and not too shiny, and the tag appeared to be authentic, at least from those i saw online... (even though i know this could be from a real bag and then placed on this one) but the color listed on the tag matches the color of the bag, and the craftmanship of the bag is really very good. i decided that even if its a fake which apparently it must be, that it would be a bag i would enjoy having, and even fakes can be sold for a decent price. i payed 200 for it, but i dont think that was too awful, considering the quality of the bag. the leather is good quality, even if its fake, at least its a very nice quality. i had hoped that after buying it i would find out that it WAS authentic, in which case i could sell it and make a ton! ( im planning on having a baby soon and we are saving for that )

as far as where it came from, she has a wealthy aunt that sends her nice handbags now and then, and her aunt bought it at a high end resale shop in california along with a louis bag that ended up being authentic. apparently her aunt loves chloe bags and thought it to be authentic, and told her neice it looked to be, but obviously she couldnt know for sure under the circumstances in which she bought it.

so now i am so curious, why would fake bag dealers go to all the trouble of making such a high quality bag with chloe all over it, and make it in a style thats not even a real style? you would think that they would go for something easily recognizable as chloe, right?

:sad:

Consider this, the fact that no one has seen this bag at any authorized Chloe store or website makes it fishy to begin with. Then you have to look at the bag itself – it does not have the characteristics of a Chloe. In fact I would say that the leather is almost completely opposite of Chloe's leather. :Push:

As for why someone would make all those details on a fake, it could be for many reasons. One could be because they do not want an identical bag incase they get sued. Another could be for fooling people by showing them “bells and whistles” so they do think it's real. I mean if they just put up a plain bag no one has heard of, I don't think it would generate a lot of interest.

I'm sorry that this happened to you guys. :sad: I wish that we could tell you that it was authentic but that's just not the case. I wish you both luck in the future! If you have any worries about a Chloe before buying, please post about it on TPF! So many girls here can tell you if it's the real deal!
Ok heres the deal, everyone is so curious!

We (me and my sister helped when i was working) started this post when I saw an ad on craigslist for the bag, because i am not familiar with chloe bags, more of a louis girl. I got alot of posts as to it being a fake, but most were based on the fact that no one knows what the style even is. I went ahead and bought it, because the girl who had it was coming down to my part of town, and upon looking at it, it looked alot better than in the pics i had recieved. i knew someone was going to buy it so i snatched it up. the leather smells so great, the metal is all very heavy and not too shiny, and the tag appeared to be authentic, at least from those i saw online... (even though i know this could be from a real bag and then placed on this one) but the color listed on the tag matches the color of the bag, and the craftmanship of the bag is really very good. i decided that even if its a fake which apparently it must be, that it would be a bag i would enjoy having, and even fakes can be sold for a decent price. i payed 200 for it, but i dont think that was too awful, considering the quality of the bag. the leather is good quality, even if its fake, at least its a very nice quality. i had hoped that after buying it i would find out that it WAS authentic, in which case i could sell it and make a ton! ( im planning on having a baby soon and we are saving for that )

as far as where it came from, she has a wealthy aunt that sends her nice handbags now and then, and her aunt bought it at a high end resale shop in california along with a louis bag that ended up being authentic. apparently her aunt loves chloe bags and thought it to be authentic, and told her neice it looked to be, but obviously she couldnt know for sure under the circumstances in which she bought it.

so now i am so curious, why would fake bag dealers go to all the trouble of making such a high quality bag with chloe all over it, and make it in a style thats not even a real style? you would think that they would go for something easily recognizable as chloe, right?

:sad:

thanks so much. like i said, its such a pretty bag, ive had compliments on it just caring it one day... but of course now i am not too proud of it :sad:

its high quality for a fake though so i dont regret buying it... i think ill just go ahead and post it on ebay as a good looking fake and hopefully at least get my money back!

Emilia, it is NOT good quality! :sad: its crackled cheap leather. I am so sad for you, as you bought a bag for 200 dollars that is worth no money atall :sad: .

I would be very surprised if you could go any way towards recouping the money on this, so I would keep it if I were you (if you do like it) and chalk it up to experience. Sorry, but its one nasty bag!