What is this bag? Saks Fifth Ave, Hermes...

IrisCole

O.G.
Dec 28, 2007
I found this bag at a thrift store, and my suspicions lead me to believe it's not really anything, but it was unusual and only a couple of dollars.

The bag obviously looks like an Hermes Birkin, but is just as obviously not Hermes. The bag is real leather, was made in Italy, and has a vintage Saks Fifth Ave tag on the interior pocket. There are gold feet on the bottom, and gold closures on the front.

If anyone has seen anything like this before/knows what it might be, that would be wonderful!!

2109720720101365693S600x600Q85.jpg

2594812370101365693S600x600Q85.jpg

2743044620101365693S600x600Q85.jpg

2701059850101365693S600x600Q85.jpg

2600687080101365693S600x600Q85.jpg

woah thats so cool, I would definitely wear it! nice find.
I was just wondering the other day if there would be a bag that looked like hermes but made with real leather, the bag I wanted goes exactly with the bag you found haha. lucky!!

:wtf:I cannot believe this!:shocked:

I think this is a fake. There is no way Saks could have legitimately produce this bag w/o a major lawsuit from Hermes. I hope you didn't pay much for it.

I don't think ths is fake, just made to look like Hermes. There is a brand (sorry that I don't remember its name) made their bags very much like Hermes but without logo. That brand is from Italy, and is totally legal, as long as they don't put Hermes name on it.

How much did you spend it it? Just a couple dollars?! What a deal! Congratulation!

Hermes wouldn't be able to sue them.
Hermes don't own the rights to that shape/design. Many, many other designers have used that basic shape for their bags. A Fake bag is a Replica version of that designer's bag. The replica version is a bag made by counterfeiters who are trying to pass that bag off as if it were made by the designer.
This bag don't have any logo's or the Hermes name on it. The people who manufactured this bag were clearly not trying to pass this bag off as a Hermes bag.

I think this is a fake. There is no way Saks could have legitimately produce this bag w/o a major lawsuit from Hermes. I hope you didn't pay much for it.

It is clearly not a "fake" as you call it. If anything, it is "designer inspired." A fake or replica bag not only looks the same and/or very similar, but it would also have the same labels and markings. The Saks bag has none of that and simply resembles a Hermes.

:biggrin:

It's not an Hermes fake and of course it's not Hermes.

It's just a great leather bag inspired by the birkin. There are plenty birkin and kelly inspired vintage bags around.

Enjoy your bag and happy hunting