What is the value of this “Birkin-style” bag by Cristian?

gibsonian

Nov 23, 2011
Hello all.

I'm new here. I'm trying to find out what kind of dollar value a bag that's being offered to me has, but I can't seem to get definitive info, so here I am.
I have a lead to an allegedly new old stock Cristian Birkin bag and would like to know the MSRP, if there’s one. The tag says "CARTA D'IDENTITA CRISTIAN" and stamped "STYLE: 4108 35" and "Made in Italy". What I read is that Cristian is a company in Florence, Italy and they make their own brand bags as well as they are an OEM vendor for some famous brands. Can anyone confirm that? And finally, if anyone can direct me to their current Birkin bags for sale, it'd be greatly appreciated!

By the way I've seen the bag in person and the quality appeared to be topnotch

Thanks!

Yes, I know a few online shops who sell other styles of bags by Cristian. I just haven't seen another one like this and I can tell this is one is way more expensive than those smaller bags and purses. I was briefly in the fashion industry before in my life and back then I knew someone who bought a Cristian Birkin bag at the wholesale price of something like $400 or 500. I hadn't heard of the brand until this one since then.

One that had a Hermes-inspired look (kind of like a cross between the Kelly and the Birkin, a definite mishmash) sold on Bonanza this summer, a search revealed. The price wasn't given. Other bags from the brand seem to be selling for $40-200, so it's unclear why this one would retail for much more. Just because something resembles an expensive bag does not, itself, set the price, as is clear from the many lookalikes available at low price.

Have you asked your seller how they worked out their pricing? That's a thought.