What is the ultimate starter every day bag from Hermes?

I'd suggest you start with a black birkin/GHW straight - a choice you won't regret. :smile: Leather wise, togo is practical, and many other options.

As a Hermes lover, off course I love the Birkin... but its so much in the press that it seems like even my 8 year old cousin knows how much it costs lol... I just don't want to make people in the office feel uncomfortable... However, I am getting the Birkin in togo for social use =) I think its the perfect starter for my social Hermes collection :yahoo: its meant to come in 6 months to a year :biggrin:

I had the same dilemma recently. I wanted something for work and that it must fit A4 papers. I tried the Atlas (not the east west version) and it did not fit the A4 sized papers. Also tried a 37cm Bolide in Barenia/Toile and that didn't fit either.

The Victoria however DID and my MacBook could also fit into it nicely. Needless to say, i ended up with the Victoria FT and i absolutely love it! Good luck with your decision.

I was in my local Hermes with all my must-haves from work experimenting with the two as well ahhaha must have been amusing to all the passer-bys! I also found the Victoria surprisingly spacious for a compact looking bag! When I first saw the Atlas, I had found it awkward... but when I tried it, it did really look much better! It looked professional, yet the Victoria looked elegant! Dilemma Dilemma!

yeah when i was in the store, i asked if it would fit A4 papers and folders and two lovely SAs managed to find some papers and a folder to test the bags! I was so sure on the Atlas (as it is a 35cm bag) and also the Bolide (37cm) but i'm ever so grateful the SAs test-drove it for me to see. :biggrin:

Looking forward to your future reveal! :yahoo:

I have to vote for the Victoria. I have the Garden Party, and while I love it's ease and how it looks, I often want a zipper (or at least some way to cover it). So I'm always throwing a shwal on top, but still worrying if I anything fell out. Just a thought :flowers:

Reactions: golconda
Can I vote for a Kelly, maybe a black box Kelly? You'd be surprised how many people admire BBKs but don't know they are Hermes, even amongst respectable social and professional circles.

yeah when i was in the store, i asked if it would fit A4 papers and folders and two lovely SAs managed to find some papers and a folder to test the bags! I was so sure on the Atlas (as it is a 35cm bag) and also the Bolide (37cm) but i'm ever so grateful the SAs test-drove it for me to see. :biggrin:

Looking forward to your future reveal! :yahoo:

Don't worry, I'll post a pic as soon as a decision is made! I'm definitely making a trip to Hermes tomorrow... I'll update on the latest developments of my quest lool

I have to vote for the Victoria. I have the Garden Party, and while I love it's ease and how it looks, I often want a zipper (or at least some way to cover it). So I'm always throwing a shwal on top, but still worrying if I anything fell out. Just a thought :flowers:

Very good point actually! I'm always freaking out on the way to work that someone will reach into my current bag and take one of my beloved contents lol

Can I vote for a Kelly, maybe a black box Kelly? You'd be surprised how many people admire BBKs but don't know they are Hermes, even amongst respectable social and professional circles.

I love the Kelly, like every loyal Hermes fan... But I think I'm saving that one for a very special meeting or maybe the end of the year office party! I mean... that is granted I have one by the end of the year haha :biggrin: I need a day to day first

My vote is for the Whitebus. Perfect polished non-Birkin professional bag. No slouchiness , no dangling clanging hardware. If I was someone who took my bag to board meetings or corporate meetings where someone might know what a Birkin was, I'd choose a Whitebus. Next choice would be a slightly structured Bolide. So polished and elegant and appropriate for a business meeting, yet just casual enough to still be your everyday handbag, unlike the Whitebus. I've never seen or handled the Atlas, so I can't render an opinion, and the Victoria (at least the ones I'm imagining) are a bit more casual, more like a carry on luggage. That being said, I've never tried on a Victoria, so I may be completely off on my impression! Good luck! Half the fun is deciding amongst the vast array of choices that Hermes offers!

Reactions: morejunkny
Glad to hear you're a fellow Kelly fan! :hugs:

I use my Kellys as day-to day bags, I think they look good both professional and casual, but I wouldn't wear one to an evening event.

I love the Kelly, like every loyal Hermes fan... But I think I'm saving that one for a very special meeting or maybe the end of the year office party! I mean... that is granted I have one by the end of the year haha :biggrin: I need a day to day first