what is the size of this 2.55?

^^^ Well, that one is from Personalshoppers, and I'm sure she called it the Classic Flap.

1134125730290_PB290427.jpg

This one's from an old auction from DGJeans, who is legit, and she definitely called it the Classic Flap.

But again, I could be wrong. Everything I know about Chanel was learned on the internet.:shame:

I think Ebayers call it a "classic" flap because most people don't know it's a 2.55, invented February of 1955.

The saleslady could very well have misled me however!

danae said:
hi! i have this bag in pink but have no idea what the size is called... i've never seen it in any magazines or on celebrities, is it a rare size? the ebay link is just for the size

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Chanel-Quilted-Brown-Leather-Gold-Chain-Bag_W0QQitemZ6860653772QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

please help me if you know! thank you

that is the classic small flap bag,it come is lambskin and caviar leather,it is indeed a very cute bag you can wear it cross your body.....they have it in the basic colour like black,pink and beige.....i beleive some boutique carried more colours.....

melisande said:
I think that there is a 2.55 -- and also the 2.55 reissue. Hence the confusion.

ditto...
What makes the 2.55 bag a 2.55 is the way the flap curves upwards. From what I've heard, this sort of curving is really hard to fake. I would be extra careful about the first ebay link- the quilting seems sort of messy and doesn't seem to line up the way authentic ones do.