What is the Radio Frequency Technology

ryns

O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
I recently got a medium 2jours in black. I saw this information on the card but i am curious as what this means and where i could find it? Does anyone know? This is my first fendi bag.

hi - congrats on your first fendi - radio frequency is very new - i think fendi has only been doing it a year or so (my peekaboos from 2010 dont have it) my 2jours does. The tag is sewn on the inside of the bag on one side - it has a scissors mark and you can cut it off if you wish since there is another one hidden somewhere insided the bag (a little chip) its mostly used for inventory so SA s dont have to count and code by hand, they can simply scan the bag. It is also used to ID your bag - my understanding from my SA was that when you buy it your name is put into the store database with your bags RFD number so that if stollen and found it could possibly returned to you - i dont know if thats true - what i do know is that fendi can scan the RFD and know immediately weather the bag is authentic as it is a measure to ensure when you want to have your tag monogramed or if you bought it on ebay and want to know if it is authentic, it is easily known on the spot since a faker cannot fake a microchip that fendi could scan. My understanding is RFD only works up to a meter - so i believe that the bag has to be there to scan it and it can not be tracked if someone steels it nor can you be tracked - its simply a stronger measure to ward off fakes.

hi - congrats on your first fendi - radio frequency is very new - i think fendi has only been doing it a year or so (my peekaboos from 2010 dont have it) my 2jours does. The tag is sewn on the inside of the bag on one side - it has a scissors mark and you can cut it off if you wish since there is another one hidden somewhere insided the bag (a little chip) its mostly used for inventory so SA s dont have to count and code by hand, they can simply scan the bag. It is also used to ID your bag - my understanding from my SA was that when you buy it your name is put into the store database with your bags RFD number so that if stollen and found it could possibly returned to you - i dont know if thats true - what i do know is that fendi can scan the RFD and know immediately weather the bag is authentic as it is a measure to ensure when you want to have your tag monogramed or if you bought it on ebay and want to know if it is authentic, it is easily known on the spot since a faker cannot fake a microchip that fendi could scan. My understanding is RFD only works up to a meter - so i believe that the bag has to be there to scan it and it can not be tracked if someone steels it nor can you be tracked - its simply a stronger measure to ward off fakes.

Whoa! This is the 1st time i've heard of such technology used on bags. It's very cool! I'm wondering if my 2011 peekaboo has that