What is the most you ever sacrificed for a bag/item?

madigan

I'm done!
O.G.
Jan 16, 2007
Every season I fall in love with a few things, but this season I was hit hard by the higher-ticket designers and though I have 2/4 of my wishlist, I am dying to make it 3/4 or 4/4 but am debating if the sacrifice is worth it. I'm thinking of putting some old handbags up for sale to have the money for another wished item.
What is the most you've sacrificed to have that obsession of the season? Eaten ramen for a month? Sold another coveted item?

I have my limit and it's high enough, if the price is more I will just pass on the bag and it's out of my mind.

If it goes on sale/pre-loved then I may look again :P.

i have never done that, because i think superrr carefully (now at least,) if i want something badly. 8/10x, i end up not caring for it/knowing i can live w/o it. i wouldn't want to sell any of my older bags for a new one (although i entertained that thought last week :P)

if i still want it, like papertiger i wait until it's on sale/pre-loved

Just time, really.

I haven't sacrificed anything monetary, i.e. not eating out as much or not going on that ski trip, etc., because I still would contribute significantly to savings no matter what. Now, I just plan to not spend anything more on the bag collection! I'd like to think I'm done.

Interesting! I can't stop thinking about a certain episode Martha Stewart had on handbags. She was astonished to learn that her Hermes handbag had gone up thousands from what she paid for it. Due to that, I can't stop thinking about a certain bag the SA had me try on. It doesn't have a zip closure which is my "must have rule"; it has two straps instead of one, but it is just gorgeous and I can't stop thinking about the way it looked and felt on. Hence, your question. At this point in time, in order for me to obtain it, I was thinking I would have to sell something. Being, that I am not impulsive when it comes to buying expensive handbags, I am waiting and putting off to see just how badly I lust for this bag! Time will tell.

Just time, really.

I haven't sacrificed anything monetary, i.e. not eating out as much or not going on that ski trip, etc., because I still would contribute significantly to savings no matter what. Now, I just plan to not spend anything more on the bag collection! I'd like to think I'm done.

This is where I'm at, too.
The only thing I've really sacrificed is time. If I didn't have enough $$$ for a bag, I would probably just sell one from my current collection for it. I would never go so far as to eat ramen for a month, lol.

I need to appreciate what I have instead of wanting wanting wanting. Too much time and effort spend desiring.

I gave up making other purchases that didn't make me so happy, which I guess isn't too much of a sacrifice. Focusing on getting a purse that I truly adore made me really think about how to spend the money I have - whether I REALLY needed that coffee from Starbucks, whether buying that shirt on sale would make me happy, whether I really needed that drink after work or if I could be happy with tap water at the restaurant.

So I actually find, oddly enough, that focusing on buying a luxe item makes me better financially!

I sold a diamond pinkie ring just so that I could buy a bag that I don't even own anymore. I could kick myself. So, by learning from my own mistake, I will never ever buy a bag that I just couldn't outright pay for at that exact moment out of my funds.

I'd eat ramen for a month for the right bag. ;) The most I've really sacrificed though would be not eating out and not spending any money unnecessarily until my next paycheck.

I sold a diamond pinkie ring just so that I could buy a bag that I don't even own anymore. I could kick myself. So, by learning from my own mistake, I will never ever buy a bag that I just couldn't outright pay for at that exact moment out of my funds.
Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!! My mind has been going in that direction and I don't want to have regrets as I've never done that before. Good thing I'm not impulsive!

If there's something that I want, but can't afford it currently, I wait it off. Because by the time you save up enough, maybe you don't want it any more. I would wait it through rather than sell off the bags I have.

until now the answer is NO, and future will be same, I call myself a bagaholic (among my family & friends I am obesses) adore few design, but after all a bag is a bag.
As others saids, ITA Time..........
Recently I have couple really high-ticket bags that I "think" would be nice as it's timelss piece, it's either I will save up little by little for it or hoping DH will buy it for me on our very special occasion something like that.