WHAT IS THE MOST VERSATILE COLOR : Blue, Brown, Grey, Orange or Red ?

Jing Ling

Nov 13, 2009
Ladies & Gents, what is the most versatile color for a H bag ?
- Blue (Brighton Blue)
- Brown (Gold)
- Grey (Etoupe)
- Orange
- Red (Rouge Garrance)

Last edited:
All the colours you've mentioned are the classic colours, so it's difficult to pick! But I'll say brighton blue if you wear jeans a lot or have a cool colourtone wardrobe....

There is something incredibly special abt an orange birkin
- great colour - bright n happy yet matches so many colours
- just personal opinion ...

I have RG, orange n beige (out of the colours you mentioned) and no bag makes my heart sing like my orange birkin!

All the best

I think it depends on the colour palette that you actually wear. All of the above are fairly neutral colours, but I find that I have bought red bags in the past and that I don't use them as they don't go with the colours I tend to wear. It is also which colours you love as well

There is something incredibly special abt an orange birkin
- great colour - bright n happy yet matches so many colours
- just personal opinion ...

I have RG, orange n beige (out of the colours you mentioned) and no bag makes my heart sing like my orange birkin!

All the best
I have been 'die-hard' RED fan but Orange is SOOO lovely that I can't decide which one I love the most anymore!

Orange is Hermes color:P:biggrin: and it's chic, happy, bright and elegant at the same time. There are many lovely color Hermes produce, but no color can bit orange in my opinion!:smile:

While not my favorite color, the most VERSATILE color is etoupe. Hands down. It can be dressed up and down and literally used year round with any and every color. As far as versatility with clothing as well as style, there really is no comparable to etoupe.