What is the most used MAC eyeshadow?

bimmer23

O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
Hi I am looking to expand my mac eyeshadow collection. I wanted to know the most popular/most used mac eyeshadows? I def know that CARBON is one what are some others ones.... I love Black Tie and Nylon... are those one?

I was on MAC's website just now, and I found a link that allowed me to see their best selling shadows (it's on the page that shows all the shadows). Here's a list:

Modelette
Hypnotizing
Shroom
Love Lace
Chamomile
Satin Taupe
Carbon
Sauve Intentions
All That Glitters
Brule
Naked Lunch
Embark
Woodwinked
Black Tied
Banshee
Showstopper
All Races
Espresso
White Frost
Retrospeck
Bronze
Beauty Marked
Rice Paper
Humid
Pin Curl
Vanilla

though I really don't like it ( I should never listen to mac-SAs again) I think that brulé is really popular, at least every time I watch a tutorial someone is raving about it. . .

bimmer, I know that Carbon is really popular, but I would suggest Typographic instead (it's a very smilar shade, but not quite as dark). It is much more blendable since it's a matte2 formula, the color payoff is better, and the color is not quite so harsh.

Just a thought. ;)

And I would also recommend going to Temptalia's website and checking out her list of essential MAC neutrals. It is a great list and only includes colors in the permanent collection, which makes it a lot less frustrating. :smile:

Here it is:

http://www.temptalia.com/8-must-have-mac-neutral-eyeshadows

A lot of people rave about Rice Paper but on me it's too yellow.

Vanilla and Shroom are good, basic neutrals and really popular.

You know I am not a huge pan of Rice Paper, either...my fave neutrals are one from the Tone:Grey quad called "A Warmer White," and Creme de Miel, which I love love love.

Of course I would like the LE colors. Doh. :noggin:

Last edited: