What is the most 'in' colour at the moment?

Bags-Of-Fashion

Ulster Lass
Nov 23, 2005
As you know I sell handbags on mywebsite (not designer though) and just wondering in your opinion, what the most popular bag colour is at the moment?

I was thinking brown but I think thats been done. Do you think gold metalic?

Metallics seem like they are still in, although I like looking, I don't think it's super practical. I am a very "safe" person when it comes to handbags, and usually buy classic colors. People have been obsessing over the "whiskey-colored" paddy on the forum, so maybe something similar to that color?

^^ I agree. I was never into ivory before but now I'm seeing it and I'm LOVING it! My winter white bag shipped to me today and I'm already thinking about something for summer....

i feel like metallics are on the way out, although there are still lots of people toting them around. maybe a color that has a sheen, something in between metallic and matte?

My gut instinct was to say oranges and rusty browns, but I think that's just because the fall lines were out the last time I really went shopping, so everything I looked at was brown . . .
That said, I think Amanda's right, ivory is the "it" color for this winter. Harsh bright whites are on the way out, warmer tones are in and I'm starting to see a lot more ivory and cream.
Aside from the seasonal trends, I think green is still a choice accessory color, as pink recedes back into obscurity. ;)
Metallics are still popular, which totally baffles me. I remember a couple winters ago, when everything in the Kenneth Cole collection was metallic it just drove me nuts, and I thought "there's no way this is anything more than a flash in the pan trend" and, yet, they're still around. Of course, I should just shut up, since I got a metallic pink cell phone case from Japan last month. :shame: