What is the monetary value of a hang tag?

ms_sue

Aug 25, 2008
I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I'm interested in a bag on eBay that is in perfect shape but does not have its hang tag. What should I expect to be the difference in asking price between two exact same bags in the same condition but with one missing the hang tag?

pinksummer27

Sep 6, 2010
Canada
It depends if it's just the regular ones that are leather and say coach. You can get those from coach. They are free. If it's missing say the carriage hang tag, that goes around 50$ on eBay. Coach won't give you a new one of those or any of the special tags. Hope that helps.

ms_sue

Aug 25, 2008
It depends if it's just the regular ones that are leather and say coach. You can get those from coach. They are free. If it's missing say the carriage hang tag, that goes around 50$ on eBay. Coach won't give you a new one of those or any of the special tags. Hope that helps.
Thanks so much. That is very cool.

lynzbyz

Jan 4, 2006
Oregon
Keep in mind, though, that Coach does not have every single color of leather hangtag. If your bag is anything other than black, white or brown, they could send you just a metal hangtag that matches the hardware on your bag.

whateve

Authenticator
O.G.
May 10, 2010
I bought Poppy hangtags on ebay for $6. Some people don't care that it is missing the hangtag, but some things don't sell as well without the tag.

pp1jb

PurseMeASAP
Feb 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Go to your local FP store. They normally have a TON of them. And if you take the bag with you, they give you one. Don't spend $$$ on ebay.