what is the idea behind the groom??

My bf said he couldn't believe that LV is already a symbol of exorbitant wealth, and now with the groom line they have the audacity to print pictures of servants on their merchandise :lol:. Haha, I don't think thats where LV was going with the groom AT ALL but he has a valid point! I could see how an LV outsider could view it that way...

Personally, I think LV was reaching with the Groom line. Maybe the designers were bored and needed a quick concept to keep their jobs. However, it's a good way for a heterosexual man to carry a Monogram LV piece and not look...well...fruity. Not that there's anything wrong with being fruity...I'm no homophobe.

(lol)

LOL but good point is like a cerises but also for straight guys
very smart way of thinking for having a bigger market :P

the groom's boy called "tin tin" (pronounced tang tang) is a cartoon character from some french story if i'm not mistaken,

while the color strips on each bag (yellow, orange, blue, red, green) represent military ranks ((according to my SA))

some precisions :

- the groom character is taken from a 20's adds and the mono groom line concept is something inspired by the travel golden years when rich people travelled around the world from Paris to NYC with luxury luggages.

- the color lines is taken from the history fact that luggage and trunck were stamped with color lines, each familly did have his own color, it was easier to recognize their trunck (because lots of people from France carryed LV trunck).

- Tintin is a comics character from BELGIUM ;)

Check this out

Tintin.com

This whole thread reminds me of that little kids game you play where you stand in a circle and tell the person beside you a secret. They pass it on to the next person who passes it on to the next person and so on. When the last person hears the secret they say it aloud and compare it to what the original secret really was and it's always way off! I know it's not really a game, but I think you know what I mean. That's what this thread reminds me of. LOL!