what is the idea behind the groom??

I think I read somewhere that this groom/bellboy was a character they used in advertising a long time ago...perhaps around the 1930's or so. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

I think I read somewhere that this groom/bellboy was a character they used in advertising a long time ago...perhaps around the 1930's or so. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

No... you're absolutely right. The story behind Mono Groom is about evocation scene of very classic ad.

Btw, the bellboy (and its typical picturesque) remains me of Tintin :P

There was a tiny little blurb and photo in the last issue of Vanity Fair about the groom. I don't have it any more or I'd look up the page number.
It was the one with George Clooney on the front and it was near the front somewhere on a left-hand page in the bottom left corner (I think).

Personally, I think LV was reaching with the Groom line. Maybe the designers were bored and needed a quick concept to keep their jobs. However, it's a good way for a heterosexual man to carry a Monogram LV piece and not look...well...fruity. Not that there's anything wrong with being fruity...I'm no homophobe.

(lol)

Personally, I think LV was reaching with the Groom line. Maybe the designers were bored and needed a quick concept to keep their jobs. However, it's a good way for a heterosexual man to carry a Monogram LV piece and not look...well...fruity. Not that there's anything wrong with being fruity...I'm no homophobe.

(lol)

MONOGRAM CANVAS IS UNISEX SINCE 1896!!!!!:cursing: