What is the history of Tano bags?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I know there are several older styles that pop up on ebay, and it always makes me wonder about the history of Tano bags. How long have they been around? Have they always been this cool? :P TE, or anyone - do you know?

2. Great story TE! I'm so glad they kept the business!

3. Wow! That's a great story!! So that explains why there are "vintage" Tano bags on ebay - I always wondered about those. Thank goodness they kept things going...of course, if they didn't, we would all have a lot more money in our bank accounts. :P

Thanks TE! I knew you would have the scoop. ;)

4. I was wondering about Tano bags too. I like them better than LV, etc but I knew they were relatively new. So nice to know the history!

5. wow. that's quite a story. it makes you want to support them (and their family) even more. And that's a HUGE turnaround from one store in 2002 to great success now!

6. Very true! I'm so glad they're an old family-run business, and not some huge corporation.

7. What an awesome story. They have definitely done a great job with bringing Tano back- everything from marketing to bag designs is right on point. Go Tano!

8. Thanks TE for the info. So is "Tano of Madrid" (I've seen bags on ebay labeled this) related to our beloved Tano?

9. Yes , "Tano of madrid" was one of the older labels that Tano bags were made with. As I explained, originally all of Tano's bags were all made in Spain, and they had headquarters in NY and Madrid.

10. TE.......you are the coolest person on tPF !!! :tup:

11. I have small Tano purse. It looks pretty old. I am wondering if anyone knows a way to verigy its age. The inside is stapmed "Tano made in Madrid"