What is the Hermès bag that you less like?

I actually wish they would redesign the bag just a little and get rid of the H. I don't like it or the fact that it's perforated. Apart from that it's a great casual bag.:smile:
I have seen a new Evelyne without the perforated H on Hermès French website.
It was the GM. € 3550. I don't remember what the leather was.
Going to see if it's still there....
It is! The leather is Vache Hunter. Bleu Indigo.

Reactions: Chagall
I have seen a new Evelyne without the perforated H on Hermès French website.
It was the GM. € 3550. I don't remember what the leather was.
Going to see if it's still there....
It is! The leather is Vache Hunter. Bleu Indigo.
That would be wonderful without the H. Love the casual look of this bag. It Would be great to have another option.

IMG_0432.JPG
That would be wonderful without the H. Love the casual look of this bag. It Would be great to have another option.
The bag looks more structured than the usual model, less casual, more expensive too because of the leather.
Maybe you can have a look at it on the French website..:smile:
I managed to get a picture....
They call it Evelyne Sellier .

Last edited:
View attachment 3550690
The bag looks more structured than the usual model, less casual, more expensive too because of the leather.
They call it Evelyne Sellier .
Yea, It's part of the minimalist Sellier designs. Everythings is more hidden, like the backpocket, logos, and more angular. The Kelly Sellier is fairly common and can still be ordered, the Evelyne Sellier is new and may or not be limited edition, and the Birkin Sellier is super rare and wanted. The Birkin Sellier retailed for 16k usd a few years ago and now on the aftermarket its selling for around 30k+

Reactions: Mariapia
Doesn't the snap close on the opposite side to the H. I think BJTaylor mentioned that in her u tube review and that the H was supposed to be worn inwards. However, airing the contents out when the bag was used for its original purpose make sense also.

That's true, and I do often wear it with the pocket facing out so that the snap doesn't rub on my jeans. Hiding the H is definitely more popular amongst tpfers. I just don't know that Hermes intended for it to be worn any particular way. I'm usually just happy to see women wearing H bags where I live that I don't notice if the H is facing out or in! The Evelyne Sellier seems like a good compromise for those who like the style but not the perforated H. The logo seems much more subtle.

Reactions: Mariapia
View attachment 3550690
Thank you for posting the picture. It really looks more upscale (for want of a better expression) I love the look. I will check it out. What kind of leather is it I wonder.
That's true, and I do often wear it with the pocket facing out so that the snap doesn't rub on my jeans. Hiding the H is definitely more popular amongst tpfers. I just don't know that Hermes intended for it to be worn any particular way. I'm usually just happy to see women wearing H bags where I live that I don't notice if the H is facing out or in! The Evelyne Sellier seems like a good compromise for those who like the style but not the perforated H. The logo seems much more subtle.
The Evelyn Sellier looks great. Is it new and limited edition? I'd love to see someone carrying any Hermes bag here where I live. We moved from a city to a small town where other than me, bags are not anyones priority.:biggrin:

Thank you for posting the picture. It really looks more upscale (for want of a better expression) I love the look. I will check it out. What kind of leather is it I wonder.

The Evelyn Sellier looks great. Is it new and limited edition? I'd love to see someone carrying any Hermes bag here where I live. We moved from a city to a small town where other than me, bags are not anyones priority.:biggrin:
The leather is Vache Hunter.... I don't know what it looks like IRL unfortunately...

agree re evelyne - i always wear with holes facing out! Don't understand why people like to keep harping on and on and on about correct way.... Just wear however u like it. It's your bag at the end of the day.

You wear your pieces with great style and I always love your aesthetic.

I like to vary things and will always wear the pocket towards the body when out and about in the city. I find the perforated H a lovely low key
finish to a great bag and never see it as a logo .

Reactions: thyme
While I like the idea of hiding the H on the Evelyne, I believe it is meant to be worn facing outward.

If you look at the Hermes website it is pictured with the H facing outward. They don't depict their bags displaying the back, so just thinking logically, the perforated H seems to be the front.

For me, since H is the initial of my last name, I just regard it as a monogram. [emoji6]

Reactions: thyme and Chagall
While I like the idea of hiding the H on the Evelyne, I believe it is meant to be worn facing outward.

If you look at the Hermes website it is pictured with the H facing outward. They don't depict their bags displaying the back, so just thinking logically, the perforated H seems to be the front.

For me, since H is the initial of my last name, I just regard it as a monogram. [emoji6]
It is wonderful that H is the initial of your last name. It would make wearing it more meaningful.:flowers:

Back to topic, I think the only H bag that I come close to disliking is the Herbag. Disclaimer, my sister owns an older version of the Herbag and loves it. But I've seen how fussy the closure can be (she carries it hanging wide open to avoid messing with it) and how the canvas ages, so it's not for me despite the nice colors on the newer versions.
+1 on the Herbag. Seems too complicated and high maintenance for being a casual bag.