What is the Hermès bag that you less like?

trama turgo

O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
As an answer to the thread "What is the H bag that you most like apart Birkin and Kelly", I thought that it would be fun to offer Hermès a little market research and see what are the first bags that come to our mind when we think about the bags that we really don't like.

Here are my first thoughts about what I do not like:

Garden Party,
Toolbox,
Catenina,
the new clutch for fw 2011 with the Chaine d'Ancre rings on the front (can't remember the name at the moment).

And I am still not sure about the Lindy (but I have mixed feelings about this one and a scrumptions leather and color could maybe convince me one day).

Oh one last thing: I don't like Permabrass hardware (it has a lighter gold shade than the usual gold hardware we are used to seeing).

The ones I can't see myself with (because I always picture tall people with them for some rason) are: Massai and Lindy.
Other ones I wouldn't want for myself:
Picotin (too easy for pickpockets to get into)
Victoria, Herbag, Garden Party, SO Kelly (they just aren't me)
Anything Toile (I'm afraid the fabric would not wear too well)

I dont really dislike any Hermes bag but I dislike features that factor into my decision to never buy:

Leather Garden Party: the cream lining gets pilled and grubby fast. It should be leather lined OR unlined with back of leather like the trim. or picotin etc.

Lindy: too many straps and the bag folds. Its like dealing with Origami for me.

Victoria: I LOVE this bag but hate the lining. Same as GP issue.

Double Sens: too floppy, no hardware. too "naked"

Polochon: Love the bag but the handles too short.

I think quite a few of us would like the Polochon if it had slightly longer handles. Not too much, just a little bit. I would imagine something like the length of a Balenciaga City.

I will personally add that if they did a slightly larger size (so that it could hold the daily essentials) it could become for me a wonderful squishy under the radar everyday bag.

All bags lined in Toile. I have a couple that I love but now are dirty and it is not fun.:pout:
I have never been a fan of the So Kelly never liked the look of it. The Evelyne would be great without the perforated H.

All bags lined in Toile. I have a couple that I love but now are dirty and it is not fun.:pout:
I have never been a fan of the So Kelly never liked the look of it. The Evelyne would be great without the perforated H.

I would love so much more the Evelyne if it didn't have that big perforated H!
I think we quite often have similar tasted Julide.

It is not that much the perforated aspect that bothers me but the fact that it is H shaped. I have a thing that pushes me to avoid logos.

I've been a Hermès bag collector for over 30 years, so I'm probably old and conservative, but the only H bags I DO like are:

- Kelly
- Birkin/HAC
- Plume
- Bolide
- Garden Party
- Jige
- Medor clutch

All the rest (sorry, I don't know their names) I either dislike or am indifferent to.

I would love so much more the Evelyne if it didn't have that big perforated H!
I think we quite often have similar tasted Julide.

It is not that much the perforated aspect that bothers me but the fact that it is H shaped. I have a thing that pushes me to avoid logos.

I do think we have similiar tastes!!:ghi5:I also dislike logos but I love the Constance!:PI also think that if my bag were messy the holes would let everyone see my disorganized stuff! I know silly...:rolleyes:

Too many to list! I really only like a handful of Hermes bags other than Birkin/Kelly. I truly dislike the bigger bags with too many buckles and the ones that look like feed sacks.