What is the flashiest, chrome-est blue or teal nail polish?

kaleida

Aug 4, 2012
Sooner or later my Chanel Azure bottle will run out and that will be sad.

:shucks:

Not sure if I want to pay $80 on ebay for a new bottle of Chanel Azure so can you recommend me something else that is very flashy, very chrome, and either blue or teal (or both like Chanel Azure was)

It's for a good cause... I'll use it to make resin necklaces, like this one I finished last week :cool:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/280714670

Chanel Azure started my polish obsession after choosing it for a salon manicure in 2013!

I own China Glaze Deviantly Daring, which is a tad darker and more emerald than Azure but still has some blue duochrome. Essie Trophy Wife is also similar, and a quick Google brought up several comparisons for other possible dupes. I'm not a huge duochrome/multichrome fan, so others on the board may have suggestions with more of that element.

Just saw some polish by a company called KIKO

don't know if they will have a dupe, but you can look kikocosmetics.com

I bought a red shade it was fairly inexpensive & 5 free..

Thank you! I looked it up and Pearly Blue Peacock looks promising maybe :smile:

Chanel Azure started my polish obsession after choosing it for a salon manicure in 2013!

I own China Glaze Deviantly Daring, which is a tad darker and more emerald than Azure but still has some blue duochrome. Essie Trophy Wife is also similar, and a quick Google brought up several comparisons for other possible dupes. I'm not a huge duochrome/multichrome fan, so others on the board may have suggestions with more of that element.

Thank you! I love Chanel Azure too, it's my favorite polish ever. I might even end up splurging on more Chanel Azure from ebay. It's so pretty.

I actually have Deviantly Daring too and it is definitely darker...to me the light/dark difference looks even greater in my resin components than on the nail, which is odd, but maybe it's just how the resin bends the light. I don't have Essie Trophy Wife though so I will look that up, thank you! :cool:

I got some Sally Hansen Cobalt Chrome last week from amazon and it's very flashy, no duochrome at all just straight metallic blue... but I think the very bright metallic flashy finish is more important than the duochrome effect anyway, so that might work but I always want more options...haha.

I passed KIKO today - we have a stand alone store in my home town - and had a quick look for you !

527 Metallic emerald green is a possible. It's deeper than azure but still a turquoise, but def not green and I would say closest match that KIKO do if you want turquoise.

I have these 3

Dior mini from the Samba duo LE and the Gosh discontinued looks very similar that have yellow in it.

My favorite from the 3 is Gosh very pretty esp. On my toessies☺

Attachments

• 2016-05-27 17.48.29.jpg
    2016-05-27 17.48.29.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 137
Just saw some polish by a company called KIKO

don't know if they will have a dupe, but you can look kikocosmetics.com

I bought a red shade it was fairly inexpensive & 5 free..

A Kiko store just opened near me... What the brush like?
And the quality?

Apparently, it's pretty cheap in Europe so I really would like to try a few colours!!

I passed KIKO today - we have a stand alone store in my home town - and had a quick look for you !

527 Metallic emerald green is a possible. It's deeper than azure but still a turquoise, but def not green and I would say closest match that KIKO do if you want turquoise.

Thank you!! that's useful info, I will look that up!

I have these 3

Dior mini from the Samba duo LE and the Gosh discontinued looks very similar that have yellow in it.

My favorite from the 3 is Gosh very pretty esp. On my toessies☺

I literally gasped! That's super pretty! :biggrin: thank you!

Here are the 3 metallic blues or teals that I have so far in case anyone is curious ... these have a convex base coat of resin but no resin on top yet because the polish is still drying :smile:

1st and 2nd column: China Glaze Deviantly Daring
3rd column: Sally Hansen Cobalt Chrome
4th and 5th columns: Chanel Azure (one column looks more teal and one looks more blue, because it has both colors depending on the angle)

I tried to take a picture at an angle where I can see all of them "lighting up" at the same time.

Chanel Azure and SH Cobalt Chrome both seem to "light up" better on a convex surface compared to China Glaze Deviantly Daring. Chanel Azure and Cobalt Chrome light up from a lot of different angles. China Glaze Deviantly Daring catches the light from some angles then goes back to dark for most angles.

I really like that Cobalt Chrome and it wasn't even expensive at all. I love variety though so I am going to look up everyone's other suggestions too though. Sweet!

Attachments

• 20160527_151740.jpg
    20160527_151740.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 127