What is the exact year LV stopped using real brass?

My newer items, bought last 2 years are made of two different qualities, one that reminds me of my Skultuna brass items and ones that are just plated and fades to silver.. I've been at Louis Vuitton in Stockholm and they say the metallic pieces fades like this which is bull****, the older items are much better. My dogs collar is 4 years old and the metallic pieces still has a brown/ golden color, after all this years in snow and rain.. But his new lash from this xmas is fading to silver!!
I don't know if you have noticed that they have changed the description from "brass pieces " to "gold colored metallic pieces" on the website. It's just on the keepalls without shoulder straps, and mon monogram items that still is "brass pieces "

My newer items, bought last 2 years are made of two different qualities, one that reminds me of my Skultuna brass items and ones that are just plated and fades to silver.. I've been at Louis Vuitton in Stockholm and they say the metallic pieces fades like this which is bull****, the older items are much better. My dogs collar is 4 years old and the metallic pieces still has a brown/ golden color, after all this years in snow and rain.. But his new lash from this xmas is fading to silver!!
I don't know if you have noticed that they have changed the description from "brass pieces " to "gold colored metallic pieces" on the website. It's just on the keepalls without shoulder straps, and mon monogram items that still is "brass pieces "

I saw it also for the Speedy B on the website as brass but for example the new Caissa Clutch which has a substantial chain or the Pochette Felicie appear to be coloured metal - my SA in Germany warned me that the Felicie chain would fade as it was only coloured.

This topic had me very curious (and disappointed), so I did a search for Brass on the US LV site. Well, a variety of items came up in various price ranges including this, Toiletry Pouch 26:LV Toiletry26.JPG
Notice to the right "GOLDEN BRASS ZIP CLOSURE WITH LEATHER TAB"

The brass "description" is not consistent across the items:

i.e. Petite Malle - Golden brass finishings
Bisten 60 and Case with Mirror - Golden brass pieces
Delightful - Golden brass hardware
Confidence Bag Charm/Key Holder - Acetate and golden brass
Round Coin Purse - Golden brass metallic pieces
Noe - Shiny brass pieces
Speedy Bandouliere 30 Mon Monogram - Shiny golden brass hardware and padlock

Hi everyone, wasn't sure where to post this but this thread seemed like it might fit. Does anyone know how to tell the difference between tarnishing, which could be polished, vs. actually chipping of the hardware? I'm on the fence about an ebay listing because the button looks like it has some wear and I can't tell if it could be cleaned.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G6042-Authe...ey-Case-/291919008994?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

if anyone knows or could take a look that would be much appreciated!