What is the cost of your current wardrobe?

MsCandice

O.G.
Jul 5, 2009
Shoes, accessories, and bags excluded how much $$$ do you have "hanging" in your closet. I've been building a new wardrobe and purging the last couple of months and I keep getting rid of stuff and thinking $100 there $300 there that would have been better saved or splurged on an excellent item. Also the process of building a new wardrobe has cost more $$$ and time than I every imagined. So it got me thinking what is the value of fellow TPFers wardrobes?? Do you feel you are getting your money's worth?

Well, each item I have is not expensive, but I have so much stuff. Most of my clothes were like $15 or less, or free b/c I have a lot of my friends' old clothes too. I've also collected the stuff over a period of at least 10 years or more. I buy a lot less now than I used to, I think b/c of how much stuff I have.

I've thought about this, but honestly I don't even want to know lol! It would freak me out to know how much money is hanging in my closet, especially since there is so much in there that I don't wear/have never worn. :shame:

I cannot even begin to count. My walk-in closet is busting at the seams, my armoire is overflowing and even my night tables are stuffed with clothes. I think that I will have a heart attack if I actually sit and think about it....ignorance is bliss.

I don't really know, I don't have a lot of clothes. I mix designer with high street. I would estimate something along the lines of maybe 10K to 12K probably invested over the course of 5-10 years (if that makes sense!) I don't drop ten grand on clothes in one week, it's accumulated over time. I have a couple of really pricey items like an Emporio Armani black tuxedo, an Alberta Ferretti cocktail dress (purchased for 65% off at theOutnet.com!) and a YSL printed skirt. Then I have things like high street knits from Witchery/David Lawrence all purchased on sale and going strong after 2 or 3 years.

I've just bought a couple of really gorgeous pairs of shoes from Net-a-Porter that are going to really extend the life of my working wardrobe IMO.

I used to keep track and generally had $6K or $7K at a time. I do not own a lot at any one time, so it is fairly easy to keep track, but at $300 for a coat, $150 for a pair of jeans, $100 for a sweater, etc, it adds up fast (even if you buy on sale).

I've never thought about this one before. I must have $8-10k, which really sounds crazy. Some of it is many years old, but a lot is from last year, too. I probably get my money's worth on half the items I have.