What is the cost of your current wardrobe?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Shoes, accessories, and bags excluded how much $$$ do you have "hanging" in your closet. I've been building a new wardrobe and purging the last couple of months and I keep getting rid of stuff and thinking $100 there $300 there that would have been better saved or splurged on an excellent item. Also the process of building a new wardrobe has cost more $$$ and time than I every imagined. So it got me thinking what is the value of fellow TPFers wardrobes?? Do you feel you are getting your money's worth?

2. it would take me weeks to add up the cost of my whole wardrobe. way too much, that's forsure. just jeans i have over 7Gs "invested"..

3. this will take me aaaagggeeesss to count. Is it retail or what you paid???

4. Flashy.stems 7Gs in jeans WOW. :faint:
    ecmf what you paid, not just MSRP.

You're both making me feel like a minimalist.

5. Well, each item I have is not expensive, but I have so much stuff. Most of my clothes were like $15 or less, or free b/c I have a lot of my friends' old clothes too. I've also collected the stuff over a period of at least 10 years or more. I buy a lot less now than I used to, I think b/c of how much stuff I have.

6. that's impossible! cannot compute!

7. i have a LOT of jeans :smile: and a LOT of clothes..

8. Oh god in jeans alone I have at least $1-2K. and then another $1-2K in botkiers

9. I've thought about this, but honestly I don't even want to know lol! It would freak me out to know how much money is hanging in my closet, especially since there is so much in there that I don't wear/have never worn. :shame:

10. I cannot even begin to count. My walk-in closet is busting at the seams, my armoire is overflowing and even my night tables are stuffed with clothes. I think that I will have a heart attack if I actually sit and think about it....ignorance is bliss.

11. I don't really know, I don't have a lot of clothes. I mix designer with high street. I would estimate something along the lines of maybe 10K to 12K probably invested over the course of 5-10 years (if that makes sense!) I don't drop ten grand on clothes in one week, it's accumulated over time. I have a couple of really pricey items like an Emporio Armani black tuxedo, an Alberta Ferretti cocktail dress (purchased for 65% off at theOutnet.com!) and a YSL printed skirt. Then I have things like high street knits from Witchery/David Lawrence all purchased on sale and going strong after 2 or 3 years.

I've just bought a couple of really gorgeous pairs of shoes from Net-A-Porter that are going to really extend the life of my working wardrobe IMO.

12. I used to keep track and generally had $6K or $7K at a time. I do not own a lot at any one time, so it is fairly easy to keep track, but at $300 for a coat, $150 for a pair of jeans, $100 for a sweater, etc, it adds up fast (even if you buy on sale).

13. I've never thought about this one before. I must have $8-10k, which really sounds crazy. Some of it is many years old, but a lot is from last year, too. I probably get my money's worth on half the items I have.

14. 6k in dresses alone... Who knows how much total...

Geesh, now I'm thinking of all the other things I could've spend 6k or more on... Granite counter tops, tile back splash, a MAID!! haha

15. ^^ If you had the granite counter tops, you would be thinking . . . how many dresses could I have had?