What is the chance of purchasing a Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemybags13

Mar 17, 2015
Hi All,

I am going to get a Kelly 25 for my first Hermes bag. I have never purchased anything from Hermes store before. My husband said i have zero chance of getting one. I really want to avoid purchasing from second hand seller as the price is almost twice. Can you share your experience or thought on the possibility to get a bag :smile:)). Thank you

Reactions: iciebubble
heya,
Check the Shopping in Paris thread in the Hermes category. Has a wealth of info plus tips, suggestions and since myriad ppl have posted about getting/not getting a bag one sees its simply luck of the draw....

Reactions: PJW5813
Hi All,

I am going to get a Kelly 25 for my first Hermes bag. I have never purchased anything from Hermes store before. My husband said i have zero chance of getting one. I really want to avoid purchasing from second hand seller as the price is almost twice. Can you share your experience or thought on the possibility to get a bag :smile:)). Thank you

Where are you trying to get the Kelly from, local store or flagship in Paris? Either way, Kelly in 25 is not as common & being really popular at this moment. That's the reason why reseller price is higher on it comparing to other sizes, like 28 or 32. It's not easy even for regular customers unless you're VIP. You may end up spending more at the boutique prior to get the actual bag as most people end up doing. There's always a chance that you just get lucky & get it right away! Either way, I wish you luck. You should have some idea about what colors you want though. It always help when you have knowledge about Hermès.

Where are you trying to get the Kelly from, local store or flagship in Paris? Either way, Kelly in 25 is not as common & being really popular at this moment. That's the reason why reseller price is higher on it comparing to other sizes, like 28 or 32. It's not easy even for regular customers unless you're VIP. You may end up spending more at the boutique prior to get the actual bag as most people end up doing. There's always a chance that you just get lucky & get it right away! Either way, I wish you luck. You should have some idea about what colors you want though. It always help when you have knowledge about Hermès.
:tup::tup::tup: This!!!

Reactions: lovemybags13
Thank you for taking time to reply. I am going to London, Amsterdam, Paris in May. I am wondering should i just try my luck in Europe or buy the bag from secondhand seller. I feel like that getting preloved item at higher price is not right :smile:). Really confused here :smile:)

Thank you for taking time to reply. I am going to London, Amsterdam, Paris in May. I am wondering should i just try my luck in Europe or buy the bag from secondhand seller. I feel like that getting preloved item at higher price is not right :smile:). Really confused here :smile:)
I think if you are looking at resellers, a lot of them now have brand new, never used, still in box items. They do come at a premium but you can be sure they are brand new. I think there is a separate thread that discusses resellers and some of them have quite good selection.

the appt system in FSH is likely your best bet if you dont have purchase history in the local store. London is really tough for tourists even if you manage to demonstrate that you know a lot about the brand and is an existing customer elsewhere. I cannot speak for Amsterdam.

Of course try at the Eu stores first.. since you’re already going..:graucho:

Reactions: PJW5813
I think if you are looking at resellers, a lot of them now have brand new, never used, still in box items. They do come at a premium but you can be sure they are brand new. I think there is a separate thread that discusses resellers and some of them have quite good selection.

the appt system in FSH is likely your best bet if you dont have purchase history in the local store. London is really tough for tourists even if you manage to demonstrate that you know a lot about the brand and is an existing customer elsewhere. I cannot speak for Amsterdam.
Thank you for the info. I think i need a lot of luck to score the bag :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.