What is the biggest influence in your bag choices?

finecabernet

Will Work for Coach!
O.G.
May 3, 2007
I ask because for the past few weeks I've bought bags strictly because I like the color (I don't hate the style, but color is the primary influencer). For example, I want my next Coach to be purple. To me the style is secondary.

Does anyone else do that?

For me it's the combination of color and style. Of course there are some styles and colors I don't like at all. But then there are some colors I love on one style but not another.

I choose style then look at colors. Sometimes that limits my choices though. Not big into satchels UNLESS it's a color or has other features I'm in LOVE with. example: anything Teal or Petrol I'll break my satchel rule!

I tend to zone in on a color first, then I start to narrow down the styles that are available in that color....especially if it's a boutique purchase.

Now, outlet finds...I'm game for whatever if it strikes me the right way. I find that I'm all about the deal at the outlet.

I did this with the grey patent peyton. I was immediately drawn to the color, but then I realized I didn't like the shape or size so I returned it. I'm trying really hard to buy only styles that are practical for me from now on.

My biggest influences are 1) color 2) functionality 3) lining color

I won't buy a bag if I don't love the color so that is definitely at the top of my list. The bag also has to be functional. Each of my bags has something about its functionality that makes it stand out from other bags. For instance, my Parker Hippie is wonderful because it's crossbody and my Maggie rocks because she has all those compartments to keep my stuff organized. The kisslock side pockets make it super easy for me to get to my keys or cell phone, whereas when I use other bags, my stuff is a piled up mess and I often think I lost my cell phone because I can't find it even after digging through my purse several times. It somehow eludes me in my purse. Haha!

And lining is not a huge deal, but more like a perk if it's a color I like, such as PURPLE! There have been some deal breakers for me though. For instance, the most recent Bonnie line had mostly coral and green linings. I said no thanks to that.

I think I have to like the style first. Then I have to like the leather (thickness/texture) Color comes in third place. I guess I have to factor in the price into this equation but I usually get good deals at the outlet so thankfully price doesn't destroy the plan.
Lining is a little bit important. However, if I really like the bag I won't care if the lining is a plain, solid color.

primarily style, then functionality then colour :smile:
i usually go for crossbody bags, makes it easier when out with kids, i think my only non-crossbody is the Zoe.