What is the best year for a Black City?

1. I love my 2006 s/s black city - but the leather on my 2001 le dix and f/w 2006 Rouge Vif is really something special. I began flirting with the idea of finding the perfect black city. I love the smooshy spongy leather of my other two bags - so I was just wondering if there was a year where the leather on the Black City bags was really wonderful? (and what color the hardware was that year too?)

This is more for the memory banks - or for the future as my bag funds are tapped out now for quite a while.

Is there a year that the leather etc. on the black cities was considered the best?

B-bag experts - let me hear from ya! :heart:

2. i thought the 03 black was pretty fantastic, but even in that year, the leather had some variations.

3. I like my '05 s/s leather. It's really, really soft. The earlier bags are so hard to find now, and so expensive--maybe one of this vintage would be just fine, and more affordable??

4. I am partial to the 05' since I have one. The leather is the BEST ever!

5. I just saw a black from this season and it was amazing: very thick leather and not veiny and marbely at all so you might get a new black later in the year.

6. i should add that i have a s/s 05 black twiggy and the leather on it is perfect to me. still thick and smooshy, but not as smooth as on the 03.

7. By chance I found the most amazing 06 last winter. It stood out like a sore thumb from the others. It's the softest leather I've ever seen, like butter - no veining, no marbling. It's not thick but that's my preference for me a bbag has to pull and slouch from the handles with nothing in them.

8. This is gonna be such a FUN, and informative thread for me, since me wants a black City or Work!:yes:

Thanks Beaux, for starting this one!!!

9. I have an 04 black city and it has the softest leather out of all my bbags (appart from my 02 first).

11. I have three s/s '05 black bags (first, city and day) and the leather is great on all of them but I have heard that the leather is even nicer on the '02-'04 bags.

12. I agree '05 is quite nice--the leather on my Black City has gotten even better with time; matte & smooshy.

13. Do your 2004 city bags have brass or silver toned hardware?

14. I like the 05 best. I've "felt up" :lol: a bunch of 06 blacks and I don't like their leather at all. I find the 06 blacks look grayish because of the distressing. They look like marbles :wtf:. The 04 leather was wonderful, but I don't like the silver hardwear. I like the 05 blacks because they're soft and squishy and the bronze hardwear gives the bag such a rustic appeal - I love it.:love:

15. ^^I prefer bronze hardware too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice