What is the best option for me ?

Socialite

Fashionista
Aug 9, 2006
Hi everyone I need your opinion, Im 17 next week and Im thinking about booking in for some type of skin peeling treatment. I know I sound really young to be doing this but I have got some scarring from spots and I really hate them.

Im just wondering what the best treatment for me would be and here are a couple of things to think about:

[] I have four/five days to get this done and for it to heal enough to go out in public
[] I want something that will remove scars
[] Something that will heel within 8 days and I will look good and completely no redding or peeling

Now what do you think would be the best treatment, a chemical peel or microdermabrasion or are there ANY other alternatives ??

Thanks in advance

Since you are 17, I would not recommend a chemical peel. They are very harsh, and intended for skin that has serious damage from years of sun, pollution, smoke, etc (basically, all of us old hags!). A microdermabrasion session or a dimacel (sp?) could do a world of difference for your skin. Also--those options have very little downtime and I've gone out immediately after microdermabrasion. You should contact a dermatologist for your treatments.

alexis77 - Thanks for your advice. I like the sound of the microdermabrasion, can this be done in beauty salons ?. My doctor suggested the chemical peel although I too found it a bit harsh sounding LOL. I found a dermatologist which was the nearest to me but the prices are very high and I do not have the funds for this at the moment and they charge for consultations.

Label Addict - thanks for that link I will have a look at that ;)

hautecouture15 - Happy Birthday for then too, I cant wait to be 17 LOL !

Iono, but your still young, I learned that scars go away fast. Ones I had just couple months went away. I used this thing from Murad that worked dreams, I finished like a sample size, and my face is scar free. Theres a lot of cheaper ways to get rid of scars. Your skin turns over every 60 days, so your skins bound to clear up one day or another. Save that stuff till your much mature. I'm 17 turning 18 btw...

Do not get anything done in a beauty salon. The only place to get something done is at a dermatologist's office. I would go in for a consultation and see what they say. You are young and I am sure there are things that bother you but a professional is the best to give you advice on what may help. My sister had dermabrasion done but it was done once a week for 6 weeks. Her skin looked fantastic....I think she was supposed to go back every 3 months but she never did. She was very happy with the results. Have you thought of going to a good spa and getting a facial treatment? That might give you some results. It would be cheaper too. I am not sure what country you are in. But I would think you should have some good spas that offer a variety of facials. I am not talking about the local beauty salon.
Good luck.

I am 19, just to let you know.
I would recommend a microdermabrasion instead of the harsh chemical peel. It will really make a difference on your skin and make it look very healthy. Chemical peels will probably make your young skin feel raw and you will be red for a few days.

Acne occurs when the pores of your skin become clogged, most often on the face, neck, back, chest. Our skin is healthiest and clearest when it is in balance. The more irritation your skin experiences, the more likely it is to break out. There are lots of treatments for acne scars but I think Obagi blue peel is the best treatment to get rid of acne & scars. I have my story to share please read along with me. I have been treated for acne with chemical peels at Skin Revive Clinic. I was consulting skin care doctors prior to that for almost two years without any results. Finally, I happened to visit the center, the doctor immediately told me since my acne was along my jawline, it was a case of hormone imbalance acne. They suggested me to get Obagi skin peel treatment in London. Today I have no acne problems. The treatment was definitely best for me because I get 20% discount on this treatment, but was it worth it. Yes, definitely it was. I can say that Skin Revive Clinic products/services are promising and I would highly recommend one to at least try this clinic if you are really looking for a solution for your skin and hair related problems.