What is the best eye lids Primer?

It isn't meant to be a primer but it works amazingly well. I use Bobby Brown Shore cream eye shadow. It is a perfect beige. It removes any redness and is a great foundation for colours. I started using it when I had surgery in my eye lids. It covered all the discoloration. The BB makeup artist recommended it and I've used it ever since.

are MAC paints (the items that come in the small tubes) considered primers? Sometimes the make up artists use them as primer/base coat on me but the eyeshadow always ends up creasing.

Last edited:
If you have particularly greasy lids that require the big guns of eyelid priming, I say Nars. My lids will wash anything away. Too Faced is no match for my lids. Elf does nothing. UDPP contains grease by about 80%. Even Paint Pots crease on me, and I don't like how much they tug. The only things that work on me forever without creasing are the Bareminerals Prime Time and the Nars Pro Prime budge proof. I prefer the Nars because it goes on smoother and all around outperforms the Bareminerals.

I'm always looking for a substitute for the Nars because they're so expensive. Haven't found one yet, so I keep forking out the big bucks.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I used to use UD Primer Potion but the tube thing pissed me off so I switched. Shadow Insurance works really well and a little goes a long way so I see no point in going back to UD.

I used to use too face shadow insurance but dice discovering maybelline colour tattoo cream eye shadows I've been using it as a base religiously. It makes my eye shadows waterproof. I've tried Swimming with it and having a shower, so long as I don't rub my eyes, my eyeshadows stay in tact :smile: