What is the best conditioner/water proof leather protector to use on BE bags?

Feline53

Feb 11, 2008
I've been reading how some of you use a conditioner and a water proof leather protector on your Belen Echandia bags. I would like to keep my bags in the best shape possible and I'm on order for a green SM so I definitely want to protect the color of this bag.

Please pass on your words of wisdom as to the best products to use and how often to treat my bags.

I'd love to know the answer to this too! I was planning to order the Collonil waterstop spray but just haven't done that yet. I'm trying to figure out if I need a conditioner as well. I def. want to take good care of these bags- any advice would be great!

Appleguard, Shining Money, or Wilson's Leather. Just make sure you don't buy cheap leather care products for your bags! I use wilson's. I use the spray to protect and I have wipes and lotion for occasional touch ups. If you do a search, you'll find tons more in depth info since this has been discussed a lot on here.

i agree, don't go cheap. I use Nordie's Cadillac Spray--love it but love to get Collonil--heard it is magic! I am though wanting to try Appleguard, but the spray and lotions Nordstrom's advise me too has never failed me yet.

^ Thanks for the heads up. Even though I just ordered some wilson's, I think I'll try apple too just to see what it's like. Probably they all work pretty much the same though and I've never had problems with wilson's, but I like trying new things.

Hi all,

Jackie personally uses on all her handbags and suggests it for everyone here, a product, called Boston Leather Cream.

You can find more information at a website she just forwarded to me, www.duenorthproducts.com

I don't think the crash leathers need to be treated (you can confirm that with Jackie) but certainly, I"m going to use this on my glossy and matte leathers!

Hope this helps.

I used Apple leather products years ago and was not impressed. I've heard great things about the Cadillac leather products, although have never used any of them myself. I once used Lexol leather products, which worked great, although I stopped using them and can't recall why...might have simply run out and never replenished our stock. I purchased Pecard leather products a few years back for my spouse as he is quite selective and has a range of leather apparel and bags. Some are old collectible pieces, some pretty worn and broken in, and others relatively new -- so, he uses various Pecard products specific to his leather goods, their age, and condition, and is quite satisfied with this brand. It's been around over 100 years, which lends itself to longevity for good reason, so this is what we use on our leather goods.