What is the best colour of Trendy to buy??

So I'm lusting after my next purchase...a Chanel Trendy.

I tried one on in the summer in lilac, but opted instead for the coco handle in that colour...it just seemed to suit it better. The SA said that she felt the trendy worked best in black as that color made the gold plaque pop more. She could be right, but the lighter colours also look lovely on the Trendy - as do the reds. So my question is...if you could only have one Trendy, what colour would you have?

I'm UK based, so it also doesn't help that there seems to be no black trendy's in the UK and won't be until March!!

Reactions: BrownBuggy
I got green as it’s my favourite colour, it’s also the one on my profile pic! I debated getting black but decided to go bright as I already have a few black Chanel bags. I am also based in the UK. They do get black ones in boutiques quite often. You’re best getting a SA to track one down for you, although I would buy a trendy in person so you can inspect it first. I’ve heard a few horror stories of customers being sent misshaped ones because of their structure. Also seen some dreadful looking misshaped ones in boutiques.

• Love
Reactions: More bags
I love the Trendy but don't own it. I have been disappointed to see feedback lately that it's not the best "daily" bag as the leather seems fragile. I'm not afraid of lamb so I'll probably go for it anyway at some point. I tend toward black Chanel bags, but this one I would likely get in beige. :smile:

Reactions: Athingofbeauty
So I'm lusting after my next purchase...a Chanel Trendy.

I tried one on in the summer in lilac, but opted instead for the coco handle in that colour...it just seemed to suit it better. The SA said that she felt the trendy worked best in black as that color made the gold plaque pop more. She could be right, but the lighter colours also look lovely on the Trendy - as do the reds. So my question is...if you could only have one Trendy, what colour would you have?

I'm UK based, so it also doesn't help that there seems to be no black trendy's in the UK and won't be until March!!
I have a black Trendy and honestly I think it looks best in this colour. The hardware, leather and style of the bag suits black. I have also seen a really nice taupe/“greige” colour from a few years ago that is gorgeous.