What is the best color/hardware for a SECOND birkin?

B25want

Jun 13, 2019
I have a GHW, gold color B25. I am looking to purchase a preowned B, preferably in 25cm.
I am absolutely in love with any shades of Gris, but I am concerned that it might look too similar to my gold colored bag.
Should I get navy or black?
Any inputs appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: Sharifshopping
Buy What you love. I don’t think grey is too similar to gold at all. Having said that, you cannot go wrong with black with phw. :smile: (I’m a neutrals person and have gold, black, grey, blue, etoupe in my collection) but mainly phw.
All my chanels are in black! I recently purchased a coco handle 30 cm in black, which is the only reason keeping me from purchasing black in pwh. =/ But I do agree that black birkin is to die for.

Reactions: 880
All my chanels are in black! I recently purchased a coco handle 30 cm in black, which is the only reason keeping me from purchasing black in pwh. =/ But I do agree that black birkin is to die for.
Ah, then my vote is go for grey or navy. One thing to think about is hw. I started with Chanel’s in phw, s I thought Hermes should be ghw. Big expensive mistake. I really prefer phw for almost everything. . . just saying, something to keep in mind ;) have fun! my new favorite bag is so black chevron mini Chanel. also if you buy from a Japanese reseller, if you are in the US, budget for tax, customs and DHL.

Reactions: Julide
OMG!!! your collection is absolutely divine. I love how the contrast btn black leather and GHW is so crisp! Thanks for sharing & your thoughtful suggestion. I am now 100% considering etain.

Hermes Gold and grey look nothing alike and serve totally diff wardrobe options for me.
Since you have black in your Chanels...
I vote etain.
Also, etain can be a great substitute for black IMO.
Here is a visual of my babies =)

View attachment 4815373

View attachment 4815374

OMG!!! your collection is absolutely divine. I love how the contrast btn black leather and GHW is so crisp! Thanks for sharing & your thoughtful suggestion. I am now 100% considering etain.
Thank you!
Etain is a color you can wear all year round and I have been =)
Obsessed. GL dear and let us know what u decide!

Hermes Gold and grey look nothing alike and serve totally diff wardrobe options for me.
I vote etain.

View attachment 4815373

View attachment 4815374

Sorry to go off-topic. But I have been admiring your Birkins whenever you share them on TPF. Could you please share how you store them? They look so nice and structured.

• Love
Reactions: Israeli_Flava
I vote etain.

View attachment 4815373

View attachment 4815374
Argg I LOVE your collection. What are the charms on your Gold baby?

@ OP: I would vote for Etain as well. It is a great Gris that has more of a cool tone, great wardrobe complement for the warm tone of gold (I usually match my clothing using warm/cool tone principles. So with a Gold and an Etain, you can match with anything!). Etain can also be a nice substitute for Black as well and if you can get it in Rose Gold HW, it's to die for IMHO.

• Love
Reactions: Israeli_Flava
Argg I LOVE your collection. What are the charms on your Gold baby?

@ OP: I would vote for Etain as well. It is a great Gris that has more of a cool tone, great wardrobe complement for the warm tone of gold (I usually match my clothing using warm/cool tone principles. So with a Gold and an Etain, you can match with anything!). Etain can also be a nice substitute for Black as well and if you can get it in Rose Gold HW, it's to die for IMHO.
Awwww thx hun. Those are silk Hermes pompoms from yearsssssss ago =)

Sorry to go off-topic. But I have been admiring your Birkins whenever you share them on TPF. Could you please share how you store them? They look so nice and structured.
Thank you dear. I really don't do anything special. They are all standing displayed in my closet. I just don't overload my bags and I keep the sangles strapped up when not in use. I rotate them constantly and many of them aren't very old so there's that too.

Reactions: hermesandmoynat
I vote etain.

View attachment 4815373

View attachment 4815374
I think my collection will look close to yours in the near future! I got etain, waiting for the black chevre SO, on the waiting list for gold on gold and craie....and most likely getting a dark hot pink and light pink down the road :drinks::yahoo::blush::love: