What is the best BBag to carry to work (fits files, books, laptops, etc)

hey etenebris, just spoke with kim from balny. i do not think they will be getting the work in blue/grey. she said that they would only be getting the city and the weekender. GO FOR IT. you know you want the weekender. realize that you are just slowly inching up your bag requirement until you can justify that great weekender. As far as handles and stretching go, i don't have a bbag yet but i know with my other bags, the handles do stretch if you cart around 20 lbs worth of books, like I do. whidh is not necessarily a bad thing. i don't so much worry about the handles stretching as i do about the "sockets" they fit into wearing through. i check my bag every day (like one should check their tires) and there doesn't seem to be any obvious wear. it just seems natural to me that handles stretch. what you don't want is for them to come loose from the bag.

The other consideration is the laptop itself. A padded neoprene case will protect the laptop better than a BBag because of the extra padding in the neoprene case. Obviously, if you dropped the laptop, there is a potential danger for a broken laptop in any kind of case, neoprene or otherwise. But the neoprene case will protect the laptop and the hardware inside it better against bumps and knocks. I love, love, love Balenciaga, but I'm not sure I'd use it to carry my laptop, mostly for this reason (and because I can be on the clumsy side, bumping into things occassionally).

ET
I carried a small dell laptop on a weekend trip in the work bag. Biggest problem is that the stitching (i.e., rope) on the handles starts to dig into your hands if you carry the bag for an extended period of time (like through an airport). After that trip, I sold the bag on ebay and have never regretted it. :smile:

So, I carried a ginormous binder with me today in my bag, and I'm SO worried the whole time that it's gonna break my bag ! not the handle part, but the bottom of my bag, i can feel the leather being stretched!!
I maybe exagerating, but I'm super paranoid about this bag, i don't know why!!!

I used my Marron city to carry around lots of books and tons of papers all spring semester, and it's fine. It got a little scuffed during the last few days, thanks to a lot of traveling and moving lots of luggage, but the bag seems just a little tired, nothing a little Lubriderm and a month in the closet won't cure.

Oh...the Weekender is WAY too big for me! So now they are not getting the Work, either? I think I am going to cancel my pre-order then, because if the City doesn't work I will be stuck...I don't want to have to settle for another color just because they have no return policy! I am on a list elsewhere for the Part-Time in blue-grey...I may hold out for that one, even though the wait will be a little longer. :girlsigh:

Hi everyone,

I put my laptop (12inch) into my work bag, and you know how the Work bag's bottom is really wide? My laptop sorta flaps around in the bag, do you have any suggestion of make it not do that? I guess because my other totes' more rigid, doesn't have this problem. Thanks!

Well gals, here are some pics of my Blue India Part Time. I don't think they really capture the true color ... but I give up!

Oh, and in case you need to spec out laptops that will fit this bag ... this one fits it w/room to spare: Fujitsu P1510D ... 9.3" x 7.32" x 1.36"/1.46"; Approximately 2.5 lbs. ;)

Attachments

• BiComp.jpg
    BiComp.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 392
  • BIinside.jpg
    BIinside.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 419
  • BIOutside.jpg
    BIOutside.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 376
Ohh... such lovely pics of your Part Time. I can't get enough of this beautiful color. Nice pics. Thanks for posting such detailed pics of the Part Time style and BI color. And congratulations again for deciding to keep this beauty!