What is the best BBag to carry to work (fits files, books, laptops, etc)

I am looking for the perfect work bag, and I LOVE my City so much, that I would love to find a Balenciaga that would work.

The bag has to fit a 13 inch Macbook in a neoprene sleeve plus some books and everyday essentials. The Work seems like a great size, but I really want a shoulderstrap.

Is there any style about the same size as Work but with a shoulder strap that would fit my laptop incl. a rather thick sleeve?

I totally can't decide between a Work and the Weekender. I like big bags a lot and the Work seems "small" to me. It will need to hold a Macbook Pro, a couple magazines, small wallet or card case, cell phone and iPod. I definitely want one of the two. I just can't figure out which will look better. I do want to be able to wear it on my shoulder and I've heard the weekender is better for that. Such a tough choice! I'm just shy of 5'9" and a size 8.

Try the bags instore, with all your things in it: that's the only way I can decide if a bag is worth getting or not.

I wish to get a Balenciaga bag for school and it has to contain my laptop.
I really really like the city-style, but i am doubting whether it can contain my laptop? I have a Macbook Air.

Vcpvcp said:
I wish to get a Balenciaga bag for school and it has to contain my laptop.
I really really like the city-style, but i am doubting whether it can contain my laptop? I have a Macbook Air.

Velo would do nicely but not huge. Or yea, the new Kraft style which I've seen in dark violet and black both RH. The Kraft looks like a giant Velo, I think. Both are really nice...much deeper (N/S) than City.

I wouldn't want to carry any laptop in my Bal bag...ok, Mac Air or iPad for short duration only. I just wouldn't want to stretch or stress/strain my bag that much. I'd find a specific cute lightweight bag just for laptops.

I often use my Papier A5 for work. Added a color matching shoulder strap. Works perfectly for me.

My newer addition is a street, which you can carry over your shoulder. This bag also has a slip pocket on the back.