What is the best BBag to carry to work (fits files, books, laptops, etc)

Thanks everyone! Here are some pics of me wearing it. Please excuse the clashing shirt ... although my 8yo daughter said it looked fine ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0736.jpg
    IMG_0736.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 204
  • IMG_0737.jpg
    IMG_0737.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 197
Thanks for the great pics -- the bag looks awesome on you! I'm with you're daughter (I have an 8 y.o. daughter too), I actually think those colors work together.

Do you think the part time is small enough to wear out at night? Would you wear it out to dinner, not messenger style but carrying by the handles?

Hmmm...it wouldn't be out of the question. At least it has a shoulder strap so you can hang it on the back of a chair. I think it might be a little too big for me, though ... I would probably go w/my City for a night out.

Forgot to do one holding on my arm ... so here it is:

BTW, I think that the color is coming across pretty accurately in these photos!

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 180
I'm deciding between getting a city or work. OK, this maybe a ridiculous question, but I was wondering if anyone out there uses a work for work, and if so, if you can carry a laptop in it safely (without worrying it will ruin it)?

Thanks for your help!

It will definitely fit inside but it might be too heavy for the bag. The heaviest things I put in my work are folders and a lightweight book........see what others have to say.

i wonder the same thing...

my new laptop is lightweight at around 6 pounds, but i'd worry about the handles stretching and the bottom sagging if i carried it in a work. this is in addition to all the other crap i'd toss in the bag with the laptop, plus a sleeve around the laptop, mind you. instead of a work, i bought a cole haan bag that's more structured with a thicker bottom.

This is the one thing that turns me off bbags which I otherwise love... they just need to do their job and carry my things! A bag that's too fragile for that I can't justify.
On that note, I tried on a vert gazon brief last week. It seemed much sturdier than a city or work, perhaps that bag could safely carry a laptop? If the opening is not too narrow?

I regularly carry my Dell laptop in my Bordeaux Work with absolutely no problems. :yes: And that's on top of other stuff I usually carry in all my bags. I'm always happy for the handle stretchage!:P

I regularly carry my Dell laptop in my Bordeaux Work with absolutely no problems. :yes: And that's on top of other stuff I usually carry in all my bags. I'm always happy for the handle stretchage!:P

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate all of your feedback.

Deco, I too would have no problems with handle stretchage, but do you every feel like the bag is in danger or ripping or anything?