What is the BEST Anti-Aging....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdlcal28

O.G.
Feb 1, 2008
Moisturizer and Serum for night for those of us over 50 that I can get at Sephora?
I have read a gazillion threads and reviews and I am STILL confused!
I want to go to bed with it on and wake up with a plump, soft face!

Retain - A is the way to go. It is a prescription medicine. It is one of the few things proven to help wrinkles and fine lines. In talking to more than 1 dermatologist - all have said that it doesn't matter which cream/serum you buy in the store. They are all basically the same. You need Retain A to make a difference. The differences are basically (in the over the counter products) packaging, advertising and name recognition. None of the over the counter products have any ingredients in them can make a real difference.

Here is a good site with reviews of products and ingredients. It is free to sign up if you want to get her newsletters.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn-paulas-choice.aspx

Retain - A is the way to go. It is a prescription medicine. It is one of the few things proven to help wrinkles and fine lines. In talking to more than 1 dermatologist - all have said that it doesn't matter which cream/serum you buy in the store. They are all basically the same. You need Retain A to make a difference. The differences are basically (in the over the counter products) packaging, advertising and name recognition. None of the over the counter products have any ingredients in them can make a real difference.

Here is a good site with reviews of products and ingredients. It is free to sign up if you want to get her newsletters.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn-paulas-choice.aspx
:tup:
I think it only costs me (uncovered by ins.) $50 for a decent sized generic brand Retin A. It lasts me over a year. Much better value and results. Most cosmetic retinol has insignificant amounts to see a difference.

AHAs are wonderful for anti aging. I'm pretty sure Peter Thomas Roth etc. sell products like that at Sephora.

HOw do you use the Retin-A? Do you put it on right after cleansing and then add moisturizer? Is this only at night or morning too? I've been thinking about contacting derm for a while, but wasn't sure how Retin-A is used.

I've never considered Retin-A. Thank you for the suggestion. I go makeup free most of the time, except moisturizer, lip balm and keep my nails done. I have seriously been wanting to find out about a good "youth" serum of some sort. (age 45)

HOw do you use the Retin-A? Do you put it on right after cleansing and then add moisturizer? Is this only at night or morning too? I've been thinking about contacting derm for a while, but wasn't sure how Retin-A is used.

I only use it at night.

Wait about 10 minutes after cleansing, apply Retin-A and then moisturizer.

In the morning, splash face with water and apply moisturizer with sunscreen (a must!)

Status
Not open for further replies.