What is the BEST Anti-Aging....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that a script for Retin-A is the way to go and far less costly than most skincare items at Sephora. I use the generic Retin-A, called Tretinoin, with Walgreen's brand AHA and my skin has never looked better. I'm kicking myself for the fortune spent on La Mer and other high end skin care.

I have to agree with everyone recommending Retin-A. It's proven to be most effective in treating acne, & hyperpigmentation, as well as treating & preventing wrinkles.

It is very strong stuff, so don't go crazy with it. Start on a low dose, applying every other night, & work your way up. Skin can become extremely sensitive when applied too regularly without building a tolerance. Skin may also purge in the beginning if you have underlying acne. I wouldn't recommend applying Retin-A during the day, when you're exposing your skin to sunlight.

Paula's Choice is a great brand on the market with Retin-A in her products {you can purchase samples} & if you go to the website it also provides a lot of useful information. But you should be able to get Retin-A on prescription from your GP or a qualified dermatologist.

Rodan+Fields has been amazing for my skin. Some of the products contain retinol too. It is clinical strength without having to see a dermatologist. I will never use anything else and I was a huge product junkie before I started so that says a lot!

The best anti-aging line I have found besides using prescription Retin A - the Jan Marini line. I use the Skin Management line plus their Retinol. Has worked wonders for my skin. It has been voted #1 skin system 4 yrs in a row in New Beauty magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.