What is so great about the Speedy?

It's unusual looking to me cause I always go for shoulder bags. It holds a lot and is very durable. I can see myself 50 years from now holding it when out still.

vuittonGirl said:
So the Speedy can hold tons of things. However, does it make the bag heavy to carry if you stuff tons of things in there? And if you go shopping, you only have one hand to shop, cuz the other hand is busy holding the speedy. Again, I'm not against the Speedy:shame:

You can make the same argument for any tote/hand held bag. I have the Speedy 25 and love the fact that it is so roomy for something that seems so small and compact. I love that it is iconic and know that it is something that I can potentially pass down and love for years and years. And, despite the recent LV price increase (and I'm sure it will continue), it really is a great deal for a bag that you will carry for lifetime. Most high-end and designer bags tend to be extremely trendy and of the moment, which is fine, but LV in general, and especially the Speedy, seems like it will never go out of style. Oh, and I think it's truly an age-appropriate bag for EVERYONE - from the really young ladies to the fabulously older women.

It's versatile, a classic, and it's been around since--as the saying goes--God was a boy.

Personally, I'm going to sell my Speedy and its strap on eBay someday. I literally haven't used it in 12 years, and IMO it's a bottomless pit. If I went to use it now, the pocket would be for my cell phone, and I'd have to start carrying a cosmetic case again so everything wouldn't be flying around. It's just easier for me to NOT use it. I always get a case of tennis elbow when I carry a satchel anyway.

If you like the style, it's as close to a bargain as LV gets.

vuittonGirl said:
So the Speedy can hold tons of things. However, does it make the bag heavy to carry if you stuff tons of things in there? And if you go shopping, you only have one hand to shop, cuz the other hand is busy holding the speedy. Again, I'm not against the Speedy:shame:

The speedy's handles are pretty large - I carry mine on the nook of my arm (by the elbow) so I can shop with both hands :smile:

Kiari said:
Unfortunately the Damier wont be as cheep :sad:

I'm 99.9% sure that the damier speedies will be the same price as the mono speedies. The same as the damier almas are the same price as mono almas and the damier papillons are the same price as monogram papillons. The only reason we associate damier speedies with a heft price tag is because they were made to order (SO's) - and for that you pay 20% (I believe) of the regular line's cost.