What is so great about the Speedy?

I have had one form of the speedy since high school! (and Im 37!) The speedy 30 is my favorite...yes it holds tons, and for me I always carry a bag with a handle and its always up on my wirst or forearm anyway so I have never had any problem shopping with 2 hands. Now, my mizi, deauville, and the pm get heavy but never my speedys. Its a simple structure. I adore them.

I LOVE my Speedy 30....I am definitely a BIG BAG girl and the 30 carries ALOT of things!!! There was one day I had my wallet, agenda, PDA, flat iron (lol), calculator (for school) and more in there all at once! I find that mine is way too heavy most of the time...thank goodness it is so durable.....I love it because it is classic and versatile.... a wonderful starter piece I think!

you girls make the Speedy so iconic and the "must have bag". i can't wait to get mine. i knew from the moment i saw it that i had to have that bag. i just can't believe it took me this long to purchase it.

A Speedy is a classic, iconic, affordable, and I love the shape of it. Any purse collector must own one IMO. I don't hold it all the time, I put it on the crook of my arm.

If you are a handbag lover then the LV Speedy is a must have because of it's ageless appeal and the fact that it really is the signature piece of not just LV but any girl's collection.....long live the Speedy!!

Oh darn Selena now you are making me think I should get this one instead of the Cabas! Tell me why you love it...

Selena said:
I might have to give best priced LV for what you get to the Batignolles Horizontal. I swear I dont know how I lived without it!!

Selena

I never really understood what's so great about the speedy either, but it changed when I got into the store and I got to have a look at it. One thing led to another and now I am the owner of a green, perforated speedy:smile: It's so beautiful, but it's a bit small (20 or 25 I think), so I'm already saving up for a 30 that I can use for school.