What is Ponds Cold Cream for?

I swear by this stuff- I use it in the AM and PM and find that no other combination of cleanser and moisturizer has worked so well for me. Since April of this year, I've been tissuing it off with a baby wipe and it works beautifully. It's a one-step cleaning ritual and it travels well, too. Plus, I don't have water running down my arms as I try to rinse the cleanser off!

That's how my mom uses it too, and she has the most amazing skin ever!

I have sensitive skin, but I need bubbles! That's why I use a Cetaphil bar instead of the kind in the bottle :biggrin:

I swear by this stuff- I use it in the AM and PM and find that no other combination of cleanser and moisturizer has worked so well for me. Since April of this year, I've been tissuing it off with a baby wipe and it works beautifully. It's a one-step cleaning ritual and it travels well, too. Plus, I don't have water running down my arms as I try to rinse the cleanser off!

OMG that happens to me too and i HATE it! I'm just glad someone else has the same problems haha.

This is a good thread, I've wondered the same thing. I'm gonna go buy a ton of products for my face (there is another thread about what age to start taking care of your skin) and now I will add cold cream to the list!

That's how my mom uses it too, and she has the most amazing skin ever!

I have sensitive skin, but I need bubbles! That's why I use a Cetaphil bar instead of the kind in the bottle :biggrin:

I was listening to NPR the other day and they were talking about soaps and what makes dish soap diff from laundry detergent diff from shampoo, etc. I was very surprised to hear that they actually PUT IN agents to create the suds/bubbles and that they have no impact on actual cleaning! I was surprised because whenever I wash my hands I don't feel clean unless I worked up a good lather. Good trick by the companies to convince us of that!

I'm gonna go buy a ton of products for my face (there is another thread about what age to start taking care of your skin) and now I will add cold cream to the list!

haha when i went to clinque today today to buy my foundation, a lady asked me if i wanted to set up a consultation and i would get a free lip gloss and this eye stuff. She showed me the stuff, and i am like i dont think i need the eye cream. She responded "well you dont really need to use it now since you are so young, but when you are 20 or so you should start applying to moisturize underneath your eyes" haha i laughed to myself because i am 24

haha when i went to clinque today today to buy my foundation, a lady asked me if i wanted to set up a consultation and i would get a free lip gloss and this eye stuff. She showed me the stuff, and i am like i dont think i need the eye cream. She responded "well you dont really need to use it now since you are so young, but when you are 20 or so you should start applying to moisturize underneath your eyes" haha i laughed to myself because i am 24

Funny I got the same thing from a persistent skincare lady. Thanked her and told her my age, 30+. She still didn't quit bugging me, kept asking what products I used!

And yes Ponds Cold Cream is an excellent (stubborn) make-up remover, so gentle around the eyes.

I was listening to NPR the other day and they were talking about soaps and what makes dish soap diff from laundry detergent diff from shampoo, etc. I was very surprised to hear that they actually PUT IN agents to create the suds/bubbles and that they have no impact on actual cleaning! I was surprised because whenever I wash my hands I don't feel clean unless I worked up a good lather. Good trick by the companies to convince us of that!

It's sodium laureth sulfate and its actually a really harsh stripping chemical. http://www.natural-health-information-centre.com/sodium-laureth-sulfate.html

I used to use it as an eye makeup remover. My mom has been using it for over 30 years on her whole face and her face has literally NO wrinkles......I don't know if it is genetics or if it is the cold cream :nuts:

^ LOL I believe it! I know that non-sudsy cleansers do just as good a job, but I still need warm water and LOTS of bubbles to feel really clean!

I was OBSESSED with Mr. Bubble when I was little. My mom used to tell me I could pick out a candy at the grocery store if I behaved and I would BEG for bubble bath instead, then proceed to use half the bottle for one bath :biggrin: