What is on my new Pochette Metis?

Aphaneuf13

Dec 28, 2013
Hey everyone! I finally got my hands on a pochette metis two days ago after stalking the website for months. I was sad to notice some white stains on my bag near the handle. Any idea what this could be? I'm hoping it's glue and that it will come off. What do you guy think?

Attachments

• IMG_8802.jpg
    IMG_8802.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 825
There doesn’t appear to be any dirty markings on the stitching so apparently there’s a flaw in the white leather itself. If it bothers you, I would return it; however, it doesn’t mean that you will get a replacement since these bags are hard to find. So if you can live with it, I would do a search of how to clean it. I believe I read that you can try wiping it with diluted soapy water. Good luck and good luck in your decision.

It is a beautiful bag.

Hey everyone! I finally got my hands on a pochette metis two days ago after stalking the website for months. I was sad to notice some white stains on my bag near the handle. Any idea what this could be? I'm hoping it's glue and that it will come off. What do you guy think?
I actually had the same type of "residue" on my noir mylockme. I tried wiping with a damp cloth and realized it wasn't doing a thing. So i exchanged it with another bag. Then I forgot about that incident until i read your post and now I think this may be more common ?

I saw the same on the pouch that came with my new Neverfull DA. The SA told me that LV is using a clear coating and because it's clear, sometimes they don't see the residue by the time a bag is shipped off. She removed one of them by just gently rubbing it with her fingertip. She did it in front of me to prove it wasn't damaged. When I got home I saw a couple more tiny spots. For a minute some of them looked like canvas peeling but it was the same clear coating residue. They all came off without a problem.