what is non-paying bidder process?

1. Hi everyone -- I am a very new seller on eBay. i am one of those buyers who pays immediately -- I treat everything like a BIN w/immediate payment required! Because that's how I like to do business, I say in my sale listings that I require immediate payment w/BIN and payment w/i 24 hours of the auction closing otherwise.

My question is, is my 24-hr rule enforceable? Like, I have a buyer who has not responded at all to either an invoice sent immediately after the auction ended or a separate reminder email sent the next day. Now it has been over 24 hours since the auction ended. What are my options? I know I can't file a non-paid item claim through eBay until 7 days have passed. What are the advantages of that NPI claim? What if I don't care about getting the listing fee back or whatever? (It was not an expensive item so the fee isn't high, and I really don't sell very much anyway.) Is it possible for me to relist the item before 7 days have passed? I may have another buyer willing to take a second-chance offer, so I'd like to be able to act on that ASAP w/o having to wait for this jerk to respond. Thanks for any advice!

2. I don't think the 24-hour rule is enforceable because it goes against eBay's policy. You would be in danger of getting a negative from the "first" buyer. I also pay immediately, but I guess not everyone does. I sold a Michael Kors bag last night and haven't heard from the winner yet. I'll sent a nice note tomorrow and then if I don't hear from her late in the week, I'll send another note asking if she changed her mind. If I don't hear anything after that, I'll file a NPB.

3. No, 24 hours is not truly enforceable. eBay requires you to wait 7 days before even starting the NPB Alert.
    To be honest, it's not friendly either :sad:
    I give 5 days if paying w/ Paypal and 10 if paying w/ money order. Not everyone is sitting on their compuer waiting for the auction to end. Some people may have limited access, 24 hours is a litle hardcore to me.

4. Swanky, I agree 24 hours is kind of quick, and truthfully I was/am prepared to give people more time. However, I haven't had any kind of response from this person yet, so it just makes me a little nervous. I guess it's just that for myself, as a buyer, I don't bid on so many things at once that I can't keep track of when auctions are ending. :smile: Anyway, I'll feel a lot better if the bidder simply touches base with me in the next day or two. We'll see. It's not a high-dollar item, as I said, so it's not a big deal, really. But this is the first time I have run across this, so I was wondering what the process is. Thanks very much to you and Rondafaye for your input.

5. I currently have 3 buyers who are nearly 3 weeks late with payment...24 is nothing!

6. 24 hours doesn't work, as it's not enforceable. I had buyers that waited a week and longer to pay! I was so sick of friendly reminders - then waiting for 7 days to send an Ebay reminder, then waiting another 8 days for the final value fee that I have since changed all my auctions to a fixed auction with immediate payment required. It is WONDERFUL!

7. no problem! I too pay the moment the auction ends, but most Buyers do not.
    Has she responded yet?

8. I give 3 days to pay, and that is including that I send invoices and reminders. If I have not heard from the buyer at all ater 3 days, I will send them an email asking if they are still interested. And I do file the NPB if I don't get paid...It may sound petty, but most of the items I sell are designer bags or jewelry and I don't want to get stuck paying the final value fees if the person never paid me!

9. My policy states they have 24 hours just to contact me and 7 days to pay. You can't file for 7 days on an unpaid item anyways.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice