What is NOIR and do I have it?

Jan 29, 2008
Trying to research what leather type this pre-loved MAM is. I am guessing lambskin, but am not having an easy time finding another like it. Also, is NOIR black lambskin. Can the experts please chime in. Would help tremendously to know for purposes of conditioning and overall care. It is very soft. Thank you. MAM - Black.JPG

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
San Diego
I don't have personal experience with noir but your bag is beautiful and since it's black I don't think you'll need to worry much about it. I have a botkier bag made of soft lambskin and it's not delicate.

Jan 29, 2008
I don't have personal experience with noir but your bag is beautiful and since it's black I don't think you'll need to worry much about it. I have a botkier bag made of soft lambskin and it's not delicate.
Thank you. I believe it may be what RM referred to as "Pepper" color and possibly style. I found photos of one that looked exactly like it from 2009, which is about the time I think this bag was around. So far it is not showing any signs of dryness and the leather is very subtle. Thank you for your input and the compliment.

KaseyHK

~ content ~
Dec 1, 2012
Fragrant Harbour
are you sure it is Noir? i don't have experience with the leather of the Noir color but i found a post in our Color Reference Library and there's a bag that looks like yours and it says the color is Pepper (https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...gs-here-pics-only.369271/page-4#post-13507795). again, i'm not familiar with this color so i don't know what kind of leather the bag is made of. but i have to say your bag looks gorgeous and buttery in the photos and i believe it looks and feels better in real! congrats!

Jan 29, 2008
are you sure it is Noir? i don't have experience with the leather of the Noir color but i found a post in our Color Reference Library and there's a bag that looks like yours and it says the color is Pepper (https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...gs-here-pics-only.369271/page-4#post-13507795). again, i'm not familiar with this color so i don't know what kind of leather the bag is made of. but i have to say your bag looks gorgeous and buttery in the photos and i believe it looks and feels better in real! congrats!
Yup, I think my bag is indeed what is referred to as Pepper. Regardless, I love it to pieces and get giddy every time I touch it. My husband is positive I need a mental evaluation. Thanks for the input.