What is my bags value?

Sylly

Apr 18, 2018
I am kicking around the idea of selling my navy caviar mini, but am unsure of it’s value.

it is a 15 series with 4 grommets, so probably from 2011/2012. It is in in excellent condition. I have seen two similar recently on Fashionphile, but both were in “very good” condition and had clear loss of structure on the sides. Mine is in perfect condition with no structure loss, and only slightly pointy on top.

I know caviar minis are in high demand. And the 4 grommet minis are rare. But it is also almost ten years old.

What do you guys think it is worth?

Thanks for any input!

94E1B192-CD07-4B46-8CC8-4542C7911AE1.jpeg9ED1817D-8CA7-43F6-BDED-C70680FEB276.jpeg4A9B3886-FC7D-4D1B-9C64-E72ED14E0C2D.jpeg

Reactions: mandaron
I’m sorry I can’t help with regard to estimating the bags value, but are you sure that you want to sell this rare beauty? Taken that Chanel doesn’t produce caviar mini atm and the prices on the resale market are very high, you won’t probably be able to get her back if you miss her …
Excellent point. I thought I would never sell it, but I recently bought another navy crossbody (extra mini coco handle), which makes 4 new Chanel’s this year and 7 new luxury bags this year total. So when looking at which bag in my collection should go, I am thinking maybe this one.

But you are right, I am not sure if I could really part with it. :smile:

Caviar minis are selling for premium because Chanel stopped offering them after the 18b collection. The 4 grommets allows you to wear this bag on your shoulder which the current minis with only 2 grommets would make it too long to wear on the shoulder. I would not sell this bag..........and would pass this down to the next generation. If you haven't carried this bag for > 5 years, then you might consider selling but I would wait and think on it some more.

Thanks for everyones input. You are right, it is too special to part with.

My reasoning for even considering it is that I use it mostly as a top handle mini crossbody; the drop is slightly too long when worn crossbody, I am going by memory, but the crossbody drop is around 23.5 to 24 inches, which hangs too low on my 5’4” frame. So what I do is tie a ribbon around two of the chains inside the bag, which gives me the perfect length to wear crossbody, and a stationary top hand chain that I often wrap with a twilly. Since the chains are tied with a ribbon, I don’t have the option to switch back and forth between shoulder length and crossbody when I am out and about.

The differing lengths of the chain drop on the mini rectangulars is something I wasn’t completely aware of at first. After my first one a few years ago, I wrongly assumed all minis would have the same drop length. I currently have 4 mini rectangulars in my collection, and they are all a little different in length. I need to kept a tape measure out and compare them again. But this navy mini is by far the longest drop of any mini I have owned or tried on.