what is it about the speedy?

Looks so simple & chic, timeless classic, great price, looks good on just about everybody, prolly my most easy wear/easy care LV, hold lots of stuff. I have 4 speedies including the Mirage bordeaux & a white MC but I think the mono is still my favorite...I just feel so comfortable wearing it. Also, I really like seeing it on other people--so nice to look at!

I know a lot of people don't like that I wear my Speedy since I'm a guy. I even got a snigger or two but I am at a point in my life that I just don't want to hide anymore and frankly don't care what people think. My Speedy has helped me reinforce that. It sounds corny and cheesy and I probably can give up all my other LVs but definitely my Speedy will be with me for life. LVoe it!!!

I have been thinking the same thing lately. I bought an azur speedy and it sat in my closet for 2 months while I tried to decide whether or not to keep it...the return date passed so I busted it out and now...I can't believe I waited so long! I still haven't figured out what it is about it that I can't get enough of - I just love it!

A Speedy, whatever the size/ pattern, can be feminine, hip, old, young, mature, girlish, etc. Mine go with absolutely ANY outfit, from conservative to trendy, and lend a classic style to trendier clothing. It is at ease in an office and in a club, a party and a library, and so on!! I've worn mine with Converse and with heels, with dresses and jeans.

ITA, ive done this before, and this is why I love my 2 speedies (mono 25 and damier 25!) Theyre the best, and while its not planned right now, ill probably get an Azur one too down the road and if they ever come out with a mini lin 25 I would also get it! I love speedies too:heart:!

I don't own a Speedy although I love the classic design, and do find that this is the most beautiful bag ever made along with the Alma.

But I have always used shoulder bags, and can't imagine having to not to be able to "get your hands free". This is the only reason I've never got one.

Maybe I can get use to it...!!!! Hmmm - wondering :wondering

A few years ago I purchased a leather satchel from Victorias Secret that was basically the speedy shape. Back then I didn't even know about Speedy! I loved that bag but it started falling apart after several months of carrying it. Then when I was introduced to lv, I saw the speedy and knew this was the bag for me. I carry it all the time and I bet this bag won't fall apart!

perfection! i love the speedy'
- its perfect! really!

AND- i have noticed that everyone is 'stylin' alot of their bags in the speedy design. i guess you cant mess with perfection!:upsidedown::lol:

Ann,

I love my mono Speedy 35! It was my first and is my most used LV bag. I am trying to decide between the Damier Ebene 30 and the Azur 30. Did you ever get your Azur Speedy? I remember that you wanted one for the Spring. It is now January and I also live in Massachusetts so maybe the Ebene would be better for now. But the Azur is so pretty! Eventually I want another size mono Speedy as well. So I am with you...... I LOVE THE SPEEDY!

I haven't gotten my azur speedy......yet. I will soon though!