What is it about Mulberry bags that attracts you?

luv2shophandbag

Shallow & Obsessed
Feb 5, 2007
I'm usually to be found in the Hermes subforum...but I have to say that I have been curious about Mulberry....

I once bought a Bayswater but returned it, as I found it too hard to get into and out of...

So...what is it about Mulberry? And what other brands are your top faves?

Firstly, its like a private club, people with Mulberrys "clock" you - there's a secret glance we all known - particularly if you have an older style. There's a thrill in sourcing the older darwin ones and they are so well made - substantial! Though I am starting to love the newer editions and unlike LV they don't scream designer. I personally think you get excellent value for money and one of the great things is you can get them at outlet.

I like Mulberry because they are good quality and in my opinion very understated. I personally don't like bags with obvious emblems (apologies to the LV lovers here but I don't like the obvious slogan on most of their bags). Granted that Mulberry has the tree logo but it is subtle. Also like the way that most Mulberrys improve with age developing a lovely patina and character. It all very personal though - my mum thinks they are ugly and heavy looking so its horses for courses.

I love Mulberry because the bags are so well made, the leather is just amazing (specifically the old Darwin leather) and it gets so much nicer with use/age. ITA with Bluecat re disliking the logos of LV and other brands, Mulberry is definitely understated.

Agree totally with all that's been said. Also love how a classic style is completely transformed by a different colour or material. ie Bayswaters and Roxannes in all their subtle, flashy , classic or edgy varieties:biggrin:

Like the others:
- The patina they develope
- How they're British luxury leather bags
- The many great designs, one can find both classic and contemporary
- How they're exclusive and others notice when you're carrying a Mulberry

And how both the older styles and new seasons appeal to me!

I like Mulberry because they are very elegant in an understated way, not tacky and they don't scream "look at me, I'm rich" like many other expensive bags.

In my opinion, they feel very "English" as well in their style, which I like.

It was the darwin leather that attracted me and the brass hardware. Substantial- great quality and improve with age- struggling to find anything i like in the new collection!

I love Mulberry because the bags are so well made, the leather is just amazing (specifically the old Darwin leather) and it gets so much nicer with use/age. ITA with Bluecat re disliking the logos of LV and other brands, Mulberry is definitely understated.

I would totally agree with all of this. Its definitely the leather for me, you can just feel the quality - especially with the Natural Leather (or Darwin as it used to be known).

Totally agree....and agree with Flyvetjo re the new collection though I was in Bond St on Saturday (and the SA was divine)....and the new Roxy satchel is rather nice....what i love about Mulberry is the versatility - the jody is 2 bags, the Mitzy tote does 2 things, the Elgin and the Somerset tote both expand to fit loads in....the new Roxy satchel is also versatile.

I like the masculinity of some of the trad mulberry styles - I love masculine design as I do not like overly fussy design. I am lusting after a satchel of sorts at the mo.

And everything esle has been said.

I just adore Mulberry.......:heart:

I got into Mulberry before it went big Globally....love the older style bags (Darwin leather)

Can`t really say I want anything from this season......please don`t shoot me but, how

anyone can say the new Daria range is understated :confused1:...maybe its just me...

I love Mulberry because it's durable & the design has a slightly boxy, masculine feel to it while in the same time still manages to look very elegant when carries by a lady. I simply love the idea of carrying an expensive bag that I can use for every day purpose with no problem. If it's already that expensive, it'd better be not only for special occassions.