What is it about a shiny new gold lock that is sooo impressive?? Great closeup pic!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I decided to have a little photo shoot with the sweetest detail on my new Delightful...the lock.

[​IMG]

2. nice..

3. I didn't know it came with a lock? How does it lock? I thought the Delightful was an open top bag?

It's nice and shiny.

4. [​IMG]

5. It doesn't come with a lock, I purchased it as an accessory to add a little more bling to the bag (rather than a bag charm). Its for aesthetic purposes only! ;)

6. Beautiful pics! Yes, there's something about that shiny gold lock that is so mesmerizing! I admired the one that came with my Idylle Speedy for a good while...but then I wore it on the bag and now it's all scratched up :sad: So now it's tucked inside the pocket instead of on the bag.

7. I don't expect it will stay new looking for long..which is why I thought I'd take a few quick pics of it while is does look new! I plan on keeping mine on the bag even when it does start looking older, or blackening the vachetta even.

8. Very Cute !

9. Very nice! ;)

10. Love it! Way more affordable than a bag charm...and just as charming!

11. That is a nice picture; too bad they don't stay shiny! I remember taking pics of my silver locks on my epi ivories...they actually still look good!my gold ones seem to tarnish quicker! Thanks for sharing.:smile:

12. Oh, I get it. I was thinking of adding a luggage tag to one of my bags for the same reason.

As far as locks tarnishing, there's a trick to make them shiny again. I've done this with a really old speedy lock. You just rub it by hand using a silver polishing cloth. It takes a good 15 minutes or so but you don't have to use a lot of pressure. Brass oxidizes just like silver, and it cleans up the same way.

Now about those charms. . . why do you think they are so expensive? $450 FOR A CHARM? I was considering it, but then I snapped out of it. I noticed ain the charm clubhouse a lot of ladies use non LV charms instead.

13. I thought they only separately sold brass locks? :confused1:

14. Not sure what your question is?? I bought this new lock on E-bay $ 40!

15. Lol I'm saying not all of the Louis Vuitton locks are gold.