What is in your classic Jewlery wardrobe?

tbbbjb

O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
I was wondering what everyone considers as classic pieces in their jewelry wardrobe.

I am talking about the basic staples, such as:

1) Diamond studs (the bigger the better, of course;))

2) Pearl necklace

3) Gold Bangle bracelets

4) Simple Diamond pendent necklace

Basically, those pieces that are timeless. Please add and add. I am really interested. I am slowly building up mine and I do mix in a lot of pieces that I consider trendy and probably will not wear in a few years, but for this lets stick to the basic timeless pieces.

Thanks in advance for sharing!!

If you know me, what's in my wardrobe right now are Tiffany silver pieces ;). Heart tag toggle necklace, charm bracelet. I'm planning on getting something a little more dainty and elegant from Tiffany's such as some kind of diamond pendant that i could wear everyday.

jayhawkgirl: I would *LOVE* to see a picture, they sound exquisite!

aquablueness: I have a lot of Tiffany pieces and I started this thread because I was worried about them being too trendy. Will I still wear them in say 5 years or will they be so 'out'? What is your take one this? I love their pieces because of their craftsmanship.

Tiffany's is best known for their silver and diamond engagement rings. Their pieces are definately not too trendy (like the bean pendant) and are classics. Hehe, maybe the heart tag necklace, but it has been still very popular after 7 or so years that i've known it's existence! I do love their craftsmanship too!!! can't wait to go e-ring shopping there.....:cloud9:

btw, we would love to see your collection here if you haven't posted it in the Tiffany's collection thread yet!!:upsidedown:

I have a lot of David Yurman peices. Lots of Gem stone rings. I love a simple strand of pearls with some other funky things. My staple are white gold big hoops. I wear them almost every day.

I was wondering what everyone considers as classic pieces in their jewelry wardrobe.

I am talking about the basic staples, such as:

1) Diamond studs (the bigger the better, of course;))

2) Pearl necklace

3) Gold Bangle bracelets

4) Simple Diamond pendent necklace

Basically, those pieces that are timeless. Please add and add. I am really interested. I am slowly building up mine and I do mix in a lot of pieces that I consider trendy and probably will not wear in a few years, but for this lets stick to the basic timeless pieces.

Thanks in advance for sharing!!

wow funny that you mention that in that order but that's what I consider basic staples also I'll share mine..
1. 3/4 of a carat diamond studs f in colour kwiat setting it lays flat against my ears(if that made sense)
2. a vintage pearl necklace that's probably about 100 years old they're baroque but I love them the lustre and colour is really nice.
3. I have a pair of 22 ct gold bangles my great grandmother gave me. I want to add a cartier love bracelet in the future..
4. I have a tiffany and company elsa peratti(sp?) diamonds by the yard necklace in platnimum.

The rest of my jewelry I wear casually some stuff everyday

aquablueness: I would love to share pictures, but I just have not been able to upload them from my camera (I blame it on a slow computer that crashes, lack of sleep and general laziness in trying to figure out how to do it). I have a 7 month old ds and go through memory cards like it is nobodies business. DH has uploaded some of those, but that's about it. I guess that is what happens when you are the 2nd born.

I thought stock pictures from the Tiffany site were kind-of silly. So here goes my list instead (what I can remember right now anyway), I only like yellow gold, so everything I have is yellow gold:
Classis 6-prong Tiffany e-ring
Elsa Peretti Diamonds by the yard earrings (I wear these everyday, actually I only take them out to clean them)
Elsa Peretti Diamonds by the yard solitaire
Return to Tiffany Necklace
Heart tag bracelet (I cannot believe how much this one has gone up since I got it, years ago!!!)
Triple circle earrings
Heart locket necklace
Elsa Peretti round pendent with a black silk cord and a gold chain

I really like the new Elsa Peretti pendents in various materials as well as the mini hearts...but I have held off as I think I need to add a plain bangle or cuff to the mix.

Please share what you have :smile:

tbbbjb, i think i'm on the other spectrum of you (which is not a bad thing! me and my DBF are complete opposites, black and white:upsidedown:), and i only like silver, white gold and platinum. take your time on the pictures, they'll load when you least expect it to load. doesn't a lot of things in life always happen that way? when you least expect them to happen? YEP! lol. Sounds like you have a wonderful collection!! Can't wait to see it.

Here's my collection a few posts down:
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/show-your-tiffany-and-co-collection-pics-69724-15.html

and feel free to check out that thread if you haven't yet. it's definately Tiffany's heaven there!

aquablueness: I checked out your collection and all I can say is WOW!!!:tup: That is one awesome collection, I will definitely have to check out the rest of that thread. BTW, do you wear your bracelets singly or several at a time? I love the mini heart earrings, I still regret not getting those. As for the silver, I really do wish that I could wear it, but I am allergic, so every since I was little I wore gold and now that is all that seems to work for me.

aquablueness: I checked out your collection and all I can say is WOW!!!:tup: That is one awesome collection, I will definitely have to check out the rest of that thread. BTW, do you wear your bracelets singly or several at a time? I love the mini heart earrings, I still regret not getting those. As for the silver, I really do wish that I could wear it, but I am allergic, so every since I was little I wore gold and now that is all that seems to work for me.

tbbbjb, awww, thanks for your compliments:heart:. i'm really looking forward to my mini cooper in oxygen blue....i've been eyeing that car since it came out and i think i've found a good reason to get it (graduation). Well, it's nothing major, just my undergarduate education. LOL, but some excuse i've found:P.

I wear my bracelets singly....honestly, i haven't really worn them much. I have never showed my collection off before just until recently and what motivated me to do so was the fact that i told myself i'd see how blessed i was, and i wouldn't take that for granted....well....:crybaby:, i haven't been living up to that. They deserve more attention than that...

I'm sorry to hear about your allergy to silver, no wonder why you have an adversion to silver:sad:, poor you. It sounds like your skin has a mind of its own, an expensive mind;). Do you do white gold or platinum?

Once again, all your Tiffany jewelry sounds splendid, i can't wait to be able to give my eyes something good to look at. Oh, and yes, do check out that thread, there are so many beautiful Tiffany's pieces to look at:nuts: owned by a range of TPF lovely members!!!!

hello ladies!

Am loving this thread :smile:

My Classic jewellery is:

- diamond studs
- tiffany diamond kiss pendant
- eng ring and eternity ring
- right hand ring (something unique)
- diamond bracelet - don't have this yet!
- diamond solitaite pendant - don't have this yet!

xxx