What is Fashionphile smoking?

So far, I've heard more negatives about Fashionphile than positives; selling fakes, overpricing, items not as described, slow customer service. My question is, why are they still in business? Is it because it's a pretty niche market (authentic LV resellers)? Not being a wise-guy....just looking for opinions?

That's a pretty strong statement, first of all fashionphile is a reference when it comes to buying on ebay, so you can't state that they are selling fakes. I agree wth everyone, the item is not described as it is.

That's a pretty strong statement, first of all fashionphile is a reference when it comes to buying on ebay, so you can't state that they are selling fakes. I agree wth everyone, the item is not described as it is.

She did have a fake up for sale at one point and didn't take it down until a bunch of people on the forum pointed it out to her. So, we can in honesty state that she was selling a fake, unfortunately. Other than her prices, which are pretty terrible, I keep that fake always in the back of my mind when looking at her items. If she puts one up for auction once, . . . she might do it again.

I didn't mean the bag in question here. But in recent months, they HAVE listed a couple of blatantly obvious fakes. While I would definitely have a higher comfort level purchasing from them, I wouldn't go blindly into a transaction without posting it here first. And I have read many negatives about them here, everything from slow customer service to inaccurate descriptions of listed items to over-pricing. And to be perfectly honest, I have not dealt with them directly. But many members have stated strong opinions about them, and they have not all been good.

i personally think fashionphile is a legit, decent reseller. unfortunately that one time (black MC speedy) for some reason a fake slipped through the cracks. buti think for the most part 99.9% of their items are real and they don't try to scam you or anything.

However, I'd likely never buy anything from them, because their prices are just too high, in general. You can get better deals from Let-Trade IMO. i've tried bidding on stuff but it doesn't meet reserve half the time.

i think part of the reason they stay in business is that they take REALLY good pictures. i mean it's definitely a professional photographer with a kickass camera who takes those. they make the bag look nicer that it does IRL almost. so i think that does a lot for getting people interested in bidding.

are they seriously seling this for over retail??? :wtf::wtf::wtf: and what's going on with the bottom? it looks awful! I hate how people blindly pay MUCH more than they need to just because Fashionphile is selling it!

Guilty as charged! I'm stuck with a pretty good condition Petit Noe that I paid about $100 too much for. Oops! :sad:

I do think they are a legit reseller but they do overcharge. I purchased a black epi petit noe that they described as in great condition but when I got it was in much worse condition than described. I paid almost $600 for that bag and it really would not have gone for much more than $400 or even less.

I think their shipping charges are absolutely ridiculous! It costs $100 to send a bag economy to the UK! £50! That's absolutely crazy, unless it comes in a golden box lined with thick cashmere, then the shipping isn't worth that price.

^i agree that they do charge a lot for shipping. the only way you can get out of it is if you order directly from their website, before the item goes on ebay. but then again it may end up being cheaper on ebay, if nobody does BIN.

the sucky thing though is that if you order thru their website, you have to pay tax if you're in CA. :yucky:

Hi all!

Drug free here. Nope, not smoking a darned thing... although, sometimes I think I could use it :smile:

Sorry, just wanted to pop in to comment on this thread.

I love that the TPF is a place where one can not only share enthusiasm and love for whatever luxe bag does it for you- but that it's a place to share information or to warn and help make shopping for authentic bags (online or off) less risky for everyone.

I don't mind when people talk about us here. Often, that talk is great- and I'm really appreciative for any traffic that we get from referrals. Occasionally, there is a post here that is negative. We usually just let there be an open discussion on it, and only comment if there is misinformation or it's an authenticity related post.

So, I just wanted to comment on a couple of the issues brought up above, because I think that they are worrying to our buyers and consignors.

I don't know how to do this any differently- so I'm going to post a response to each of the issues addressed above...

Bear with me :smile:

Sarah

I like this
" his is in Excellent condition."
I would hate to see what she called abused.

The actual listing not only had great pictures of the ink on the interior (where you can clearly see the damage to the base of the bag), but the full description said:

"Condition: Previously owned. This is in Excellent condition. The Neverfull would be in superb condition if not for the bottom Lining. The interior bottom is soiled with ink stains and marks. I don't know what happened. Everything else about the bag is gorgeous. still light leather straps and trim and the canvas is beautiful. The interior side lining and pocket are very clean. This may sound weird, but we will give you a clean piece/sheet of clear plastic that fits perfectly at the bottom--this will keep the bottom from getting more soiled. The ink marks etc are not transferable. This comes with a dust bag."

It was weird. Ink in the bottom, but the rest of the bag was really super clean. We threw in a clear base shaper to protect against further transfer. I feel fine about the description- I mean... in retrospect, we probably could have left out that first line- but we clearly described and pictured the flaws.

This is actually good feedback, and if this description (with pictures) doesn't seem honest to some... we'll look into being even more clear.

Sarah