What is everyone's limit?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Since I've joined tPF I have done nothing but look up bags. I don't sleep, because I stay up looking at them. I sware I could teach this stuff now! It's also really made me think of what I would spend on a bag. I'm sorry if this is already been covered, but what is everyone's limit? I don't mean if you win millions of dollars playing the Lottery, because if then I would by whole store full of bags. I mean in everyday life, everyone has a personal limit of spending for certain items. I'm just curious what it is for bags for you guys. Of course mine has risen since joining this forum!

2. So funny- I feel the same way..I am obsessed!!! Before finding this forum 3 or 4 months ago, my limit was probably $300...now I would spend $1200 on a Balenciaga (and will soon, I hope)!
    For me, though, my limit depends on the bag and designer...if I know it will go on sale or I can find it somewhere for less I'll try to find the best price (allowing for more bags :smile:!

3. currently it's before a Birkin... unfortunately- but I'm working on that...:yes:

4. About $300 is my limit. I could see myself spending up to $500, but probably not much more than that. My limit will definetly grow as my income does.

5. b4 i came here i would say 1000$ since then.. god ive gone way over.. its addictive.. and the PF makes u want more bags

6. My max limit is $1000CAD. I only like tiny-pochette sized bags so I can't justify paying anymore for something so small but typically my bags are between the $300-700 range though which is quite modest considering the exhorbitant prices of bags nowadays.

7. I dont think u can set a limit.. cause sometimes you decide that you'll only spend $1000 for a bag.. then a bag worth $4000 comes by and u're just dying to get it.. then u'll be thinking and thinking and thinking on how will u MAKE urself afford it lol

8. Well, what I guess I meant was at what price would not save up for that bag. "Oh well, that bag is X amount of dollars. It is not on my wish list." Am I making sense?

9. Now, about 2,000ish. Eventually, I'd like a Birkin. So, it will change in a few years. :angel: I do, though, have limits on certain brands. Like I look at websites and say, "I'd never spend that much on [insert name here]". Because I know it's not good quality. Like I was looking at the Coach site with a friend like a week ago and was all who spends 600 on Coach? That's a speedy 25. :nuts: I guess my limit depends on the situtation.

10. its not $$ limit, rather its quantity :P

2-3 bags maximum each month ... otherwise im homeless LOL

11. currently only about $500. like someone else said, once my income goes up, that number will go up too. but as a college student, $500 is a fair chunk of my money!

12. I'd say my limit was about 300 before i joined....now its up-ed to where I KNOW i would pay 700 for a bag I loved.....but over that I have trouble with

13. ^^^ My sentiments exactly. My spending ceiling in Coach is 300 bucks. Anything more, IMO, is criminal. Not that I don't like them, but Coach isn't Fendi, you know? Coach is a bag that I'm gonna carry everyday, that I'm not worried about where the dustbag is and that I will gladly toss in the closet when it's time to carry something a lil more high end.

14. The biggest difference this forum has made for me is that I'm now more willing to pay full retail. Before joining - fuggettaboutit...if it wasn't steeply discounted, then I didn't want it.

I still thrill over finding a bargain on the lower-end stuff, but for the high-end, if I want it, I'll buy it while I can still get it. :sad:

15. Before TPF, my limit was a round $1000...since TPF, I'm now looking at a $4000 figure. O.o

I'm trying to talk myself out of the bag.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice