what is a realistic price to sell a 1998 GAO for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
please can one of you lovely people advise what is a realistic price to sell my 1998 GAO for?? it is in Sable Clemence and has minimal wear and a couple of small spot marks. i have seen some on ebay but they seem overpriced and if i sell i want it to sell quickly? thanks..
ALSO i may have missed it but i thought it would be a good idea if somewhere on the forum we post prices of second-hand bags, so that it helps buyers and sellers aloke determine what real bags actually go for???

Attachments

• IMG_1033.JPG
    IMG_1033.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 78
I've only seen one or two on Ebay-one not too long ago-If I remember correctly, it was in the neightborhood of 1k, but I think $12.00 is reasonable to HlFinn.

no probs, i'll have a think about a reserve of $600. thanks all....
also, anyone any ideas on reserve for 1998 rouge clemence 40cm kelly gold HW(with shoulder strap)?? i am trying to scale down my bag collection a bit.

xxxx

Attachments

• IMG_0395.JPG
    IMG_0395.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 53
Nice Kelly! In my opinion, a no reserve auction tends to be more successful, by the way. Every seller has a different take on this, but I personally prefer to start things at the lowest price I will accept, and then add a BIN for a bit over what I actually expect the bag to sell for.
So, with the Gao, I might start it at $599 or $625 or whatever, and then set a BIN somewhere in the neighborhood of $850. Remember, if you get a regular bid, the BIN opportunity goes away and it might end up selling for more.

On the Kelly, I personally would think it will sell quickly and reliably in the $5K range, and possibly quite a lot more. If it wasn't too big for me, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

now would be a great time to list - one just showed up on ebay for something like 1350, so yours will look like a bargain with a BIN of 850. :yes:

i've been thinking we need a pricing thread too -- shall we ask the mods for a stickey for questions like this?

thanks all for the great advice, it is much appreciated. i'll try a reserve of $799 on the GAO and a BIN of $850...as foir the 40cm Kelly, Cynthia NYC thanks for your kind comments on the bag, i'll try a reserve of $4999 and see what happens.. i'll probably list Sunay evening. as yes i've been thinkig about the pricing thread for a while so what do the mods think??? )obviously we could anonymise it as to who bought what so our DH's are none the wiser!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.